Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
witnwool
0 Kudos

Error dialog: User not activated

After installing the new 1.4 update, a book that I had downloaded from my local library via Adobe Digital Editions will not open.  The error dialog message is "User not activated".

I redid the download from Adobe DE, but I continue to get the same message.  How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Carol

Contributor
foxyTF
0 Kudos

Re: Error dialog: User not activated

I had the same problem only with secure DRM PDF files.  First I deleted the PDF files in the ADE folder on my nook.  Then I opened Adobe Digital Editions that's on my desktop.  You will see that it will prompt you to re-register your nook.  After you register your nook, drop and drag the PDF files to your nook.  You will have no problem opening the files, but you CANNOT change the font, which I think is RIDICULOUS.  The print is so small.  You can pinch the document but that makes it difficult to read.  

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Error dialog: User not activated

witnwool wrote:

After installing the new 1.4 update, a book that I had downloaded from my local library via Adobe Digital Editions will not open.  The error dialog message is "User not activated".

I redid the download from Adobe DE, but I continue to get the same message.  How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Carol

Did you re-authorize your device in ADE?  That's all I had to do when I couldn't open the sideloaded books was to re-authorize the device.  But I'm not sure which error message I was getting.