Frequent Contributor
Tim_J
0 Kudos

Evernote apk download

I have the NC, with 1.4.1.  I have Evernote on my NC.  Today I got a notification in the notification area (lower left home screen), indicating that an update for Evernote was available.  I clicked download.  The result was that an evernote apk file was downloaded to my files/downloads.  This seems out of the norm as usually BN NC apps are only updated via the app list check for update function.

Should I now somehow install this apk file?

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Re: Evernote apk download

Tim_J wrote:

I have the NC, with 1.4.1.  I have Evernote on my NC.  Today I got a notification in the notification area (lower left home screen), indicating that an update for Evernote was available.  I clicked download.  The result was that an evernote apk file was downloaded to my files/downloads.  This seems out of the norm as usually BN NC apps are only updated via the app list check for update function.

Should I now somehow install this apk file?

You can't install it, the NC won't let you.  We have to wait until it's an update thru the apps screen.  It's just another issue w/ the 1.4.1 update.

Reader 4
chicknbuds
0 Kudos

I can't seem to view my PDF files now that this "update" notification appeared in the corner?  When I try to pull it up it says, Sorry!  The application Quickoffice,Inc. (process com.bn.nook.reader) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."  with a Force close button as my only option.  Have you run into this?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

I just ignore the message. Or clear it and it hasnt interfered (yet, anyway). You're not trying to open it are you?