Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
alvesmd
0 Kudos

Re: Evernote users. It's HERE!

:smileysad: Left my Nook Color at home today; can't wait to return home and download Evernote !

Reader
Kevin0000
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a way to find the NookColor apps on the internet without having to look in the NookColor App list?

Inspired Wordsmith
TigerShawk
0 Kudos

I've never used Evernote, and don't have a smartphone.  What is Evernote, for someone like me?

Inspired Correspondent
cfbush2000
0 Kudos

Thanks to all the board members who worked to get Evernote for us. 

This is going to make the NC an even better tablet.

Contributor
SenorBlues

TigerShawk wrote:

I've never used Evernote, and don't have a smartphone.  What is Evernote, for someone like me?

TigerShawk,  I can't tell you if Evernote is for you or not, but I can kind of tell you what it is and how I use it.

Think of Evernote as a database of information, or a 3-ring binder of "notes" that you can add anything to or file away.  These notes can be articles or pages on the internet, something you type, anything you can scan, or anything you can save email, copy or upload.  You can have multiple tags, folders or notebooks to have everythng organized however you like.

Evernote is free to install on any device you have (that is supported of course).  Your notes and information is on those devices but it is also synced to the Evernote server.  That means the notes are always available and up to date on the device you have it on.  For example, I have Evernote installed on my work-laptop, on my home computer, and now on my NC.   If I'm at work and find an article on the internet I want to save or read later, I click a toolbar icon in IE or Firefox and the article or webpage is automatically clipped to Evernote on my laptop.  Periodically during the day, Evernote syncs my laptop database with what's stored on the server.  When I get home, I fire up Evernote on my home pc and the first thing it does is to sync with the server backup and I now have that web article in Evernote on my home pc as well.   I bring my NC with me almost everywhere I go, so I now have access anything I have saved where ever I am but I can also create new information and have it automatically show up on my laptop at work or my computer at home.

This is just how I use it.  Lots of people use Evernote many different ways.  You may want to check the online site or look for some reviews on the internet for ways that it might be of use to you.

Hope this helps. 

Inspired Correspondent
cfbush2000
0 Kudos

Of course I d/l Evernote to my NC.  In order to have access to your info on your NC when you don't have a WiFi connection, you have to pay ($5 a month, I think).  I was ready to do that 2 weeks ago, but now I have Springpad and most of my info can be accessed without a connection.  The exception seems to be images, and I use my NC as part of my photography so I need that.

Choice is good, and I'm very glad that Evernote is on the NC.

Frequent Contributor
Ostracus
0 Kudos

SenorBlues wrote:

TigerShawk wrote:

TigerShawk,  I can't tell you if Evernote is for you or not, but I can kind of tell you what it is and how I use it.

Think of Evernote as a database of information, or a 3-ring binder of "notes" that you can add anything to or file away.  These notes can be articles or pages on the internet, something you type, anything you can scan, or anything you can save email, copy or upload.  You can have multiple tags, folders or notebooks to have everythng organized however you like.

Evernote is free to install on any device you have (that is supported of course).  Your notes and information is on those devices but it is also synced to the Evernote server.  That means the notes are always available and up to date on the device you have it on.  For example, I have Evernote installed on my work-laptop, on my home computer, and now on my NC.   If I'm at work and find an article on the internet I want to save or read later, I click a toolbar icon in IE or Firefox and the article or webpage is automatically clipped to Evernote on my laptop.  Periodically during the day, Evernote syncs my laptop database with what's stored on the server.  When I get home, I fire up Evernote on my home pc and the first thing it does is to sync with the server backup and I now have that web article in Evernote on my home pc as well.   I bring my NC with me almost everywhere I go, so I now have access anything I have saved where ever I am but I can also create new information and have it automatically show up on my laptop at work or my computer at home.

This is just how I use it.  Lots of people use Evernote many different ways.  You may want to check the online site or look for some reviews on the internet for ways that it might be of use to you.

Hope this helps. 

Something like Dropbox or Sugarsync with a fancy front end?

Contributor
TBird03
0 Kudos

How do you reset your password? I have tried for a day and a half and do not get an answer from evernote. I even tried to open a new account under a different email and the confirm code does not show up. Has anyone else had this problem?

Marty

Inspired Correspondent
cfbush2000
0 Kudos

Marty,

Go to Evernote.com and try to sign in.  Put in your user name, then below the sign in box click on "forgot password".  That should work.

Distinguished Correspondent
TaterFink
0 Kudos

TigerShark,

once you have saved a note, webpage, file, picture or whatever in evernote, you can tag it with ANY word/words you can imagine that you might want to use in order to find that item.  Then you can do a "search" for that tag and evernote will present you with all your items that you tagged with that particular tag.  I have it on both my laptop and my desktop and will now see about putting it on my NC.  I LOVE evernote.  It has cut down on a lot of paper notes and documents that used to create in order to save information.  It's all in one spot now! 

motorcyclists thought of the day - never put your earplugs in the same pocket with your jellybeans!
Frequent Contributor
dkennedy66
0 Kudos

Re: Evernote users.

Ok so now that we have evernote on the nc can someone tell me about your experience using it? For instance, I was on a website and wanted to try saving it to evernote but couldn't figure out how (on the nc). I don't have a smartphone. Is this app going to be of much use to me?
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: Evernote users.

dkennedy66 wrote:
Ok so now that we have evernote on the nc can someone tell me about your experience using it? For instance, I was on a website and wanted to try saving it to evernote but couldn't figure out how (on the nc). I don't have a smartphone. Is this app going to be of much use to me?

Have it on my laptop, android phone, and my NC.  Find the program very useful for organizing info.  Having said that, I don't often ADD mcuh info from my NC --- usually only access info added via PC or phone.

I don't think you can clip from a website and save to Evernote on your NC at this point. Or I haven't figured out how to do it.  (Can do it from PC and from phone  though.)  Most android devices have 4 standard buttons --- Home, Menu, Back and Search.  The NC doesn't.  From my phone, can go to website, select MENU, MORE, SHARE PAGE, and then Evernote - Create Note.  NookColor has no MENU button, therefore this feature of the original android program doesn't work on the NC. (Please don't blame the developer! People begged them to make this program available on the NC.)

If you have access to the internet via PC, you can add your website clippings to Evernote that way.  Hope this helps.