Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
jatcu11
0 Kudos

External Keyboard for NC

I know that Apple has external keyboards to use with the iPad. I think it would be a good idea to have one especially with the new apps. I know that it would be easier for me to take it to class since I'm still in college, but even for using to type anything since the keyboard on the NC can be kind of faulty. Has anyone heard of this or know how to put the idea across to B&N?

Reader 2
jatcu11
0 Kudos

Re: External Keyboard for NC

Just to clear up I'm talking about an external keyboard for the Nook Color. Sorry it's 3 in the morning an just wanted to make sure. Here is a link to an example of what I'm talking about.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC533LL/B?fnode=MTc0MjU4OTY&mco=MTg1ODMxNjI

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

this thread might interest you:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/Does-rooted-NC-have-Bluetooth/m...

you have to read down a few posts, but eventually it gets to the keyboard discussion

Jeremy

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine

Hi All- Not surprisingly, the external keyword was one of the top "asks" from users on Facebook and in the forums here right after the 1.2 Update.  I met with our product team a few weeks ago and shared this with them-- and they loved the idea! Stay tuned. 

Frequent Contributor
suvlady
0 Kudos

SLevine wrote:

Hi All- Not surprisingly, the external keyword was one of the top "asks" from users on Facebook and in the forums here right after the 1.2 Update.  I met with our product team a few weeks ago and shared this with them-- and they loved the idea! Stay tuned. 

A collapsable one like the iGo Stowaway would be great!

Frequent Contributor
suvlady
0 Kudos

I recently won (2) iGo Stowaway folding Bluetooth keyboards and would like to sell one of them.  Item is used but in perfect working order.  I just used it this evening with my Nook Color and an LG Optimus phone.

Here is a link to a CNET review of the item:

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/stowaway_Bluetooth_Keyboard.htm

Please contact me directly if interested!

Thanks!

Inspired Wordsmith
MatthewH
0 Kudos

SLevine wrote:

Add me to the list of folks who would love an external keyboard for the NC.  Do keep us all posted please!

Remember: the big print giveth, the small print taketh away.
Frequent Contributor
suvlady
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have a brand new, never opened, still in the original packaging, iGo Stowaway folding Bluetooth keyboard that I would like to sell. 

Thanks!

Inspired Wordsmith
taosaur
0 Kudos

suvlady wrote:

I have a brand new, never opened, still in the original packaging, iGo Stowaway folding Bluetooth keyboard that I would like to sell. 

Thanks!

I wish I could make a fair offer right now--it's a dead sexy keyboard, but I'd be a fool to drop even $50 on toys right now, and you'd be fool to take such an offer.