Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Found a mini backpack

At wal mart for $9. Its 10X7X1.5.  Padded back, it fits my NC with the industreil cover perfectly, has a front zippered pocket for charger n cable. There is a small pocket inside with a velcro flap that holds my USB mSD card adapter, my jump drive and sev mSD card cases.

Almost as if it were designed for a 7" tablet and accessories  :smileywink:

When I sling it over my shoulder it stays on my back out of the way. Manly enough as is but I may have to put an MMA patch or some such on it just to make sure.  LOL

I just wish I had found it somewhere other than wal mart. I hate feeding the moster..:smileysad:

**Found it in the luggage isle not electronics**

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Correspondent
Red11
0 Kudos

Re: Found a mini backpack

Picture?  Brand?  I am a girl, but I would like a better way to carry mine too.  I carry in my purse most of the time, but it makes my purse really heavy.  Can you put a phone, etc in there too?

Sorry for all the questions :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
Sardonic

Better make that two MMA patches! :smileywink:
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Be sure to give make and model for others :smileytongue:

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Contributor
KayakerBob
0 Kudos

It is the "Protege Accessory Daypack". PG10-091-005-13.

Wal Mart #061884214224

Contributor
NevermoreNC
0 Kudos

It actually appears as the Protege Accessory Backpack on the website.  Took a bit of searching as Walmart doesn't seem wise enough to enable searching by product number, even their own.  If the one you have looks like the one pictured on the website you may be able to forego that MMA patch.  That three-pronged "star" design on it could be convincingly passed off as some type of ninja throwing star or perhaps with a bit of work could be crafted into a suitable biohazard symbol.  Nothing says masculine like a backpack bearing the plague. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
Panzertime
0 Kudos

Wasn't there a pop song about some girl with a little black backpack some time back? Hmm..I am sure there will be no one else who makes that connection as you walk by. Ha ha. :smileyvery-happy:

I think the bottom line is if it protects and you are happy with it who cares. Right,,,,right?

Inspired Correspondent
RodneyJT
0 Kudos

@phoneboy I think you'll be ok if its the one pictured. It looks like some sort of ninja pack.
Contributor
KayakerBob
0 Kudos

NevermoreNC wrote:

It actually appears as the Protege Accessory Backpack on the website. 

You made me go back and check the packaging... it really is called the, "Protege Accessory Daypack".... at least on the package. 

Frequent Contributor
BlackInk155
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

took some digging, but i found it.

Here is a link

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Protege-Accessory-Backpack-Black/15942005

nook: (nʊk) noun- a secluded or sheltered place; retreat
What better way to describe my Nook?
Frequent Contributor
l_nester
0 Kudos

Inspired Correspondent
jrussell1
0 Kudos

It's tough being a guy and finding something to carry STUFF.  That one looks like something I might need.  Once I bang it up and run over it with the car a few times, of course.

Frequent Contributor
l_nester
0 Kudos

First post didn't show up...anyone know if some settings need to be changed (IE9) to get it to work right? I also can't use the quote feature on IE9 (using Chrome now).

Thanks for the link. I dug and dug and couldn't find it.

Found it on the iPhone app though.

phoneboy
0 Kudos

Yep, that's it, the "Ninja" backpack. Ill have to cut my nun chucks down but I think it will work. :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
Serolf_Divad
0 Kudos

Go on eBay and search "sling bag." You'll find tons of cool looking bags that would be great for the NC. All price ranges.

Contributor
r4loves
0 Kudos

Phoneboy, I am curious why do you call it "feeding the monster"?

phoneboy
0 Kudos

r4loves, Because I view Wal mart as a monster.

Correspondent
vvlovesu
0 Kudos

Hahaha very funny phoneboy!! :smileyvery-happy:

Reading isn't a "hobby". It's a lifestyle.