Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Re: Glad I got rid of my NC.....

Roy has a device for each of his personalitys. Just messin wit ya roy. :smileywink:
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

Does Roy really think we even give a rat's behind?  does anyone have some troll spray around here?

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Grammaknits02 wrote:

Does Roy really think we even give a rat's behind?  does anyone have some troll spray around here?

Well...His troll posts keep rising to the top...:smileyvery-happy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:

Grammaknits02 wrote:

Well...His troll posts keep rising to the top...:smileyvery-happy:

LOL Phoneboy!! 

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
Distinguished Correspondent
Wild_images
0 Kudos

Hmmm....I've got a Nook Color with the Kindle App on it.   I don't see the big deal?

Frequent Contributor
Rictur
0 Kudos

postalchick wrote:

What kind of response did he expect!

He got the exact response he was looking for. 

Reader 4
LuuSnake
0 Kudos

I'm happy with my NC since day one ... and trouble free too.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236

Rictur wrote:

postalchick wrote:

What kind of response did he expect!

He got the exact response he was looking for. 

Yep.

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif

"roy257" said: Okay guys I'm sorry for being a D**k, Nook color is awesome and no I did not sell it due to the fact that it was a gift. I was just mad at how BN screw me over.I still got my NC but i also have the kindle and ipad as well.I won't be dissing anyone any more.Sorry again.

----------------------------

I will go on record accepting your words above as an apology, and won't heap any more insults on your head unless your old self shows it self again.  However, again you post inaccurate info and I can not let it pass. 

You received as a gift a Nookcolor which YOU did not pay for, yet you insist that B&N screwed you because of a promotion on Ebay that was about 10 days and now gone.  1st you bought nothing, so there is NO way you could be screwed, next you blame a company for running a promotion. 

Did you consider that that promotion co-insided with the late feb/march release of many new tablets including, Ipad2, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab?  Then you fault a company whos stock price has been falling for trying to do something in the face of new competition.  I have a few choice words I could use to describe your thinking process but I said I would accept your apology, for your past mis-steps and presumptions.  You would do best in not even trying to defend your thinking process because so far many on this forum has completely ripped that process apart, and just let this tread die.

I wish you the best with your Ipad and kindle, you have more than enough to now be happy, it is probably best that you spend your time on a Ipad fan forum & kindle fan forum from here on out, you will get lots of support and hugs & kisses there.

Distinguished Correspondent
Nookycooky
0 Kudos

To Roy257

Are you your own EVIL TWIN?  Will the real Roy, please stand up?  Did your mother hijack your ipad (or NC) to write this?  Don't go away, either of you, I would miss you. Nookycooky:smileyhappy:

All charged up and ready to go...my Nook's are too....
Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

I have a NookColor with the Kindle app and lots of others. It's called rooting and if you spent as much time doing a bit of research as you do complaining you too could have it. If you have the money to be spending on all these devices good for you. You can't be using them too much since you spend a lot of time complaining.

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88

Hey guys, let it go. Old roy is not worth it. I'm sure that we don't want him to have aNC. Life is good, let's read another Book! The rest of you folks are great, have always helped me out. LONG LIVE the NOOKCOLOR!!
Contributor
brie987
0 Kudos

++1 :smileyhappy:
Contributor
youthpastor247

Obvious troll is obvious.

First, he's ticked because he bought it for $249 and demands a free eBook in return because BN sold nookcolor on eBay for $199. (Reality: eBay sponsored a promotion to get more traffic to their website).  If you got it as a gift, why would you complain about the price?

Then, he complained that he hates nookcolor because they don't have free classics like the Kindle. (Reality: nook and nookcolor both have tons of free classics available for download, and Project Gutenberg and the public library also offer free options).

Then, he says he sold his nookcolor for $188 to a co-worker (so he sold it at a loss), and had to pay a higher price for the Kindle 3G + WiFi than what he got back for his nookcolor.  He also complained about not being able to connect to wifi, which could be user error (not insulting, we all make mistakes) or could just be a bad wireless antenna (helped a customer who had such issue and exchanged it for a new one).

He's also said that he used to love his nookcolor but the wifi problems make him not love it.  What exactly did you do with your nookcolor if you couldn't download your books.  Roy also said that he was annoyed that he couldn't read his nookcolor in sunlight.  Praytell, what did you expect from an LCD screen, such as your shiny iPad 2 has?  Also, if you wanted something to read outdoors, why wouldn't you pursue the original nook?

And, now, Roy has shelled out at least $690 for a Kindle and an iPad to accomplish what he wanted from a nookcolor, which apparently only had a wifi connecting issue.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

youthpastor247 wrote:

Obvious troll is obvious ...And, now, Roy has shelled out at least $690 for a Kindle and an iPad to accomplish what he wanted from a nookcolor, which apparently only had a wifi connecting issue.

Seriously, we're well past all of that. The man has apologized, let's move on.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Bibliophile
Jenniisme

To the OP, enjoy your Ipad 2. I have heard good things about it, I have also heard that you are going to be locked in to the Itunes book store only. I don't know how true that rumor is, but it is what I heard.

deemure

[ Edited ]

Jenniisme wrote:

To the OP, enjoy your Ipad 2. I have heard good things about it, I have also heard that you are going to be locked in to the Itunes book store only. I don't know how true that rumor is, but it is what I heard.

Apparently from what I read it is very true.  It appears Steve-O's proxy (well actually Steve himself since he is on leave, but has not really left), is not happy that people prefer to buy books from other than ibooks, so of course in the finest Microsoft tradition, Apple must deny competition a forum. What I gather is they are changing agreements with other ereader apps on the ipad now.  Apparently, they will start to charge owners of the app (say Amazon for kindle, BN for nook, kobo, Sony), 30% for every sale.  This also applies to the iphone and ipod touch.  Apple is also requiring that any link to an outside store (kindle store, B&N nookbooks, etc) from within the programs be removed.  Also, if users do buy content (say a magazine for the nook app) from an outside source and have it on the ipad, the retailer they got it from must offer the same content within the app for the same price or less and Apple gets a 30% cut.  That means that if Apple gets 30% of the sale, the 30% that B&N or Amazon gets from the publisher is gone.  So, Apple knows companies aren't going to want to offer content within the app when they get no money from it.

Somewhere, an Apple purist is feeling woozy about helping a company that hated and became the Anti-Microsoft and that at one time would have died off if not for Microsoft's support, and yet has become all that Microsoft wanted to be.  Arrogant, monopoly mongering, anti-competitive, closed source, and user unfriendly.  And I'm being nice.

iTunes and Safari and all the other bloatware that Apple wants to install on a computer just so you can update the iphone firmware and update your music library is increasing the appeal for an Android phone for me and other family members.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Frequent Contributor
sbrown23
0 Kudos

roy257 wrote:

Today I brought an ipad 2 and it's awesome now I got a kindle and ipad, now I won't have to wait for stupid BN  to make its own APP  store.

Wow.  You are a real hero.  I'm sure your insightful, detailed, and bold comments will influence throngs of forum readers to dump their Nook and drive Barnes and Noble out of business. 

Feel better now?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

roy....the trolll...you NEED to leave this site!!!!!!! You are NO longer a NOOK owner. We all know you are NOT the brightest bulb and selling your NC for way less then what you paid, only proved it.

We really don't care what you bought or like, just go away.......

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat

Grinchy1 wrote:

roy....the trolll...you NEED to leave this site!!!!!!! You are NO longer a NOOK owner. We all know you are NOT the brightest bulb and selling your NC for way less then what you paid, only proved it.

We really don't care what you bought or like, just go away.......

Now that you have flung your handful of dung, did you notice the other thread in which the man apologized? He added that he now has three devices: iPad, Kindle, and a nook color.

I guess brightness is relative.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!