Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
snowboss
0 Kudos

Going from 1 Nook to 2

I am going from a shared nook color to two nook colors. Can I selectively move books from my eexisting account to aa new account created for my Wife??
Inspired Contributor
RoseBaby
0 Kudos

Re: Going from 1 Nook to 2

I don't think that you can split the account but you can side load your wife's books to her nook if you have a computer that you can download them to.

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61

Did that last weekend! Purchase a NookColor for my wife. She tried to share the my account, for about five minutes..... Then, she erased and deregistered the device and then registered under her own (new) account with B&N.

I haven't seen her or the NookColor since....

Peace has returned to this house. :smileyvery-happy:

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Contributor
jrmutley
0 Kudos

To directly answer your question, I don't think that you can transfer books from one account to another.  They would obviously be treated as two seperate accounts.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong; but, there isn't a way that I am aware of to "give" a book to another account.

However, the better scenario anyway would be to share the account.  That way, you will both have access to the same books.  Otherwise, if either of you had a book that the other wanted to read you would have to repurchase it.  The "lend-me" feature is too restrictive to be practical...especially with two people in the same household.

The only downside would be you may end up with a bunch of "girly" books on your NC.  :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Contributor
cyclingplatypus

[ Edited ]

The easiest way (in my opinion) is what I do with mine and my wife's. if I see she bought a book that I'm not interested in, I just archive it, doesn't show up on mine any longer but it is still on hers.   No need to set up separate accounts or side load. 

EDIT: Hilarious, I just typed this and my wife just called me and asked me if I knew why a book she was reading disappeared...don't do what I did.  

Contributor
Timonjkl
0 Kudos

You can you download the books that you want to share and sideload them to the other NC. If you are using the same CC for both accounts you are done.  They are side loaded so some of the features like sharing and such wont work for that NC. Just did this wife doesn't like SF and I'm not a big romance fan so now we have everything to our selves.

Frequent Contributor
AlienPanda
0 Kudos

We share one account with our NC's......Works great.

"Speaking personally, you can have my gun, but you'll take my book when you pry my cold, dead fingers off of the binding." - Stephen King
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

cyclingplatypus wrote:

The easiest way (in my opinion) is what I do with mine and my wife's. if I see she bought a book that I'm not interested in, I just archive it, doesn't show up on mine any longer but it is still on hers.   No need to set up separate accounts or side load. 

EDIT: Hilarious, I just typed this and my wife just called me and asked me if I knew why a book she was reading disappeared...don't do what I did.  

LOL  I was just about to post that when I archive a book on my NOOK or NOOKcolor it archives it on the other device as well, and then I saw your edit.  :smileywink:

Distinguished Correspondent
peppyauntie121
0 Kudos

cyclingplatypus wrote:

Okay, I have a question...   When I archive a book on my NC, it still shows up in My Shelves, but it has a banner on the bottom of the book that says "download"...  How do I get rid of it so it only will be on my Archive shelf?

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

peppyauntie121 wrote:

cyclingplatypus wrote:

Okay, I have a question...   When I archive a book on my NC, it still shows up in My Shelves, but it has a banner on the bottom of the book that says "download"...  How do I get rid of it so it only will be on my Archive shelf?

Unfortunately, the NC doesn't currently allow you to hide archived items the way the NOOK does.  I hope this is something that is changed with the update.

Inspired Correspondent
eaglejim
0 Kudos

remove it from the shelf.

Total NOOK Home: 1 NC, 1 Nook 3g, 2 Nook wi-fi
New User
snowboss
0 Kudos

Go to the shelf you want to remove the book from and select edit. Scroll down the list and de-select the book you want to remove.
Inspired Correspondent
MattFL
0 Kudos

And since shelves are specific to a device and not an account, you should just create a shelf for your wife's books and put them there.