Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
suvlady
0 Kudos

HBO GO?

Has anyone had any luck getting HBO GO to run on the Nook Color?  I'm running CM7 from an SD card.

Thanks!

Contributor
dh73064
0 Kudos

Re: HBO GO?

Just a gentle bump :smileyhappy:

I have some interest in this also.  A NC app for HBOGO would be even better.

Distinguished Correspondent
JohnF76
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The problem is that the Nook does not have an IMEI (number that your phone would have). XDA is working on it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1103766&highlight=HBO+GO

I'd suggest reading ALL of the thread before you do anything, if at all. That stuff is all beta, so

it's "at your own risk".

I'd also wait until they get it fixed in the final, stable forms. Again, be VERY cautious of putting a "beta" of a beta (CM7) on your Nook, unless you're ready to restore from scratch.

Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

I was all exited about this app and put it on my phone first, then discovered that my cable company has to participate or it doesn't work. So make sure your cable company participates first.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

I have had no trouble watching it for the most part on NC. The most difficult part is tapping the correct links within the site, without setting off all kinds of action. 

It did work best when hooked up through my phone to 4G LTE.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Contributor
LauraBe
0 Kudos

HBO GO is a GREAT!!!  Ap on my laptop and my iphone and I am crossing all my fingers and toes we get an official Nook app for it too. Im a scaredy-cat goodie two shoes those and dont have a routed nook so I wait... and Wait.. for netflix too..

New User
mlbryant8
0 Kudos

Did you download the app directly from the website on you NC?  I would like to install it on mine!