Frequent Contributor
Lulugirl28
0 Kudos

How Does Nook Friends Work?

Will someone please explain to me how Nook Friends works and how to set it up?

Thank you!

New User
jellybutton
0 Kudos

Re: How Does Nook Friends Work?

It doesn't. LOL!

Seriously though, at this point it's still a beta program and it's VERY buggy. My sister and I both own nook colors and we both went into B&N together and went to the nook kiosk for assistance setting it up. We had the nook salesman and the store manager there with us for about an hour. Both the salesman and the manager personally own nook colors so they got theirs out and the four of us stood there trying to make a connection between any two of us.

The process:

We had to each go into Contacts via the Apps menu (it didn't work to go through the Lend Me button). Then when we went to add a Friend, we were faced with the option of setting up/registering our Facebook, Twitter, or Other social network account. We didn't like that senario. We didn't want to link our Facebook to the nook because we really just wanted to add each other to the our Friends. Anyway, I was able to do it via my gmail address and my sister did it with her address (using the Other option available). I sent her a request and she received it and accepted it (you must also accept the requests once received) then she was able to see my entire library including all the Lend Me books. She sent me a Friend request and I never received it. It simply never showed up.

After about 15 minutes, her contact literally disappeared from my nook and I disappeared from hers. Also the store manager was able to connect with me and show herself as a Friend on my nook but it too simply vanished before our eyes (we were literally looking at the screen and *blip* she disappeared off my nook) after about 15 minutes or so.

Bottom line: After a little over an hour of trying to get the network to function, it didn't. In my opinion, even for a Beta app, this is EXTREMELY bug riddled and not at all user-friendly. I'm very disappionted that B&N even put this on the Nook color yet. It's simply not functional and shoudn't be available just yet. It's not ready. They have quiet a bit of fixing to do before the Friends and Lend Me features are functional.

If you are able to get it to work for more than a few minutes, please post here and tell us what you did.

~jelly

New User
pgootee
0 Kudos

Thank you for your story...same for my sister and I, plus my daughter & co-worker none of us have been able to connect to each other and wondered what we were doing wrong!!!  NOOK people get this feature fixed!!!

New User
cnctexas
0 Kudos

Have they fixed Nook Friends yet? I don't know how it works and just wanted to back out of it, but cannot find it anywhere

Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

It is not fixed.  Please, please, send a PM to SLevine, Community Manager with specifics of your issues so she can forward the info on to those working on this problem.