Contributor
teachaug
0 Kudos

How do I delete PDF files?

Thanks again for all the helpful insights on this board.

How do I delete unwanted PDF files from my NOOK color?

Thanks in advance,

Erin

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete PDF files?

You can't do it directly on the Nook itself, but if you plug the USB cord into your computer the whole file folder system will show up and you can delete (or move) files as you see fit.

Make sure your Nook is "awake" when you plug it in or else it won't be recognized! I panicked when mine didn't show up, then I realized that it was just sleeping - duh.

Inspired Correspondent
zenaxe
0 Kudos

The nook is really insufficient with regard to file management features, IMHO. I've been generally disappointed in this. Seems like deleting stuff should be brought up as an option via a "long press" on the item, it's kind of ridiculous to have to hook it up to computer for this.

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

If you want to clear your download history, you can do that directly on the NC, but it will delete everything in the My Downloads folder. But, if you want to dump it all, that's a fast way to do it.

Inspired Correspondent
seescribe
0 Kudos

File Managment, this is a good point.  I'm hoping with the new store we get access to a few usful tools like this. I really only want about 4 new programs (they happen to exist on my phone, but I would like them to be on my nookcolor), and some enhancements on existing programs (which of course have been repeatedly listed by others in a bunch of different threads).

Frequent Contributor
justsayyes
0 Kudos

The lack of file management in any way, shape or form is such an amateurish tactic to get us to see the store promos.  Really sad and something only an executive from outside the tech industry would think up.  I can just imagine, "Hey, if we make them connect to the computer, they'll probably login to the site to manage their account...and we can sell them stuff too!"

We should be embarrased for the NC software product marketing team.