Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Anniedutchgirl
0 Kudos

How do I transfer my audiobooks from Audible I store in iTunes to my NOOK COLOR?

This may have been addressed before. I just bought a NOOK COLOR yesterday...my first e-reader ever. I was told I could transfer my songs and audiobooks from iTunes to the NOOK. Can anyone tell me easily how to do this.

I was also reading the tip about not reading before going to bed because the backlit light causes a problem with the melatonin needed for sleep. I was setting mine up for HOURS last night and then could not get to sleep for several hours. That was off the subject but so far I love my new e reader. Annie

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

Re: How do I transfer my audiobooks from Audible I store in iTunes to my NOOK COLOR?

Congratulations on your new NookColor! To transfer files (audiobooks, music, etc) to your nook, plug it into your computer with the USB cable then just click and drag the files from your computer into the correct "My Files" folder on your nook. Put audio files in the Music folder. Be sure and properly eject your nook before unplugging it.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
New User
btmom
0 Kudos

Re: How do I transfer my audiobooks from Audible I store in iTunes to my NOOK COLOR?

So, you are able to download audiobooks on to the Nook?  I have a Nook Color.  I didn't think this was an option.

Thanks!

Inspired Contributor
snickersfl
0 Kudos

Annie, Maybe you couldn't sleep because you were so excited about getting the Nook and setting it up.:smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
to-read-is-to-live
0 Kudos

btmom wrote:

So, you are able to download audiobooks on to the Nook?  I have a Nook Color.  I didn't think this was an option.

Thanks!

The files must be in mp3 or mp4 format. You can buy mp3 books on the BN.com website.  Or buy/borrow books on cd and load them into your computer and then transfer them to the nook.

FYI Audible is owned by Amazon.  They lock the audiobooks so they cannot be changed (that I know of).  I was saddened by that :smileysad:

Nancy

Frequent Contributor
ShastaGG
0 Kudos

In addition to B&N, many library offer audio books in MP3 format for FREE.  The library seem to have standardized on an application called OverDrive Media Console which they offer free (you can also download it from www.overdrive.com).  Once you download the OMC on your computer, attach your nook to your computer using your USB connection cord, down load the book to your computer then use the transfer option on the OMC software transfer to the nook.  The book is transferred in tracks just like music.

Remember, audio books require larger amounts of storage memory than print Ebooks, so you may want to get yourself a 8GB or 16GB micro card.

Contributor
Anniedutchgirl
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone. Yes, I am very excited by this new toy. My husband and I took a drive out in the mountains where we live yesterday and I realized I was reading nearly the whole time. I showed this to four people yesterday and every person is now going to go buy one. I do ebay as my "job" and I am thrilled I can use the Nook Color to do my business when I am out.

I did not know audible was owned by Amazon. I will let you know if I can get the files to transfer. I bought an 8GB card today.

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

Anniedutchgirl,  "if you ain't dutch you ain't much"! 

Annie here is what I posted regarding the sleep thing in the thread you mentioned.

Can anyone understand what a HIT piece type article is?  The OP's linked article about sleep disorders was printed April 2010, the same time that Ipad hit the market.  While we have no clue why the author decided to post this article, note you can clearly understand the bias when the final quote from one of his two professional sources says ""Kindle is better for your sleep," .

You can take it for whatever, and everyone's experience is different, I have owned the NC since Christmas and have zero sleep issues, I slept 7 hours last night after an hour reading on my NC.  I would suggest turning down the brightness and possibly increase font size to read in the dark, and if you where glasses to use them even though you might not have to when reading your nook.  Try and see what happens.

Contributor
Anniedutchgirl
0 Kudos

How do I properly eject the nook once I have it hooked up to my computer? I am trying to figure that out. Also, some books I bought are not downloading onto my NOOK. I have a wireless connection here. Would someone be able to help me if I took to a B&N store? Thanks!

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

Hi, Annie,

and welcome to the forum.  about properly ejecting....on the lower right hand portion of your PC screen, in the toolbar, there should be an icon that looks like a little thumb drive with a green checkmark on it.  Roll the curosor over it and it should give you "Safely Remove hardware and Eject Media" message.  Click on it, and then select "Eject Nook Color"

After disconnecting, go to your home page.  Your new book covers should appear there.  You will have to click on them to begin downloading.  If they don't appear, power down totally, power up, and make sure wifi is connected.  If they still don't appear, got to local B&N or call customer service.  Did the books appear in your "Nook for PC" Library?

Jeremy

Contributor
Anniedutchgirl
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jeremy. Even though it said I have wifi I wasn't able to download so I drove the thirty minutes away to a Barnes and Noble and the guy there helped me get everything to download including the many apps. It was funny because I was able to install NOOK on my 3G phone and all of the books appeared there.

Now that I know I definitely can't download my audible dot com books is there a palce I can get audible books and download them? Does it work going thru iTunes?

Also, can I drag my tv shows or movies from my iTunes to video on my Nook Color? Thank you in advance.