Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Spero
0 Kudos

How do you get nook friends?

How do you get nook friends? I've tried the beta progran, sent out atleast ten invites to people, asking for nook friends on here. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if the app's just not working. My email is sandybran62@yahoo.com Thanks for any help
Spero
Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

Re: How do you get nook friends?

The app just isn't working right yet.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Inspired Contributor
Spero
0 Kudos

For me it's not working at all, since they did the upgrade.
Spero
New User
Luv2ReadSB
0 Kudos

I've had that same issue.  People have sent me invites and accepted and I have sent invites and accepted and still nothing.  I can see my friends Lend ME books, but that's about it.

I called Support for the NookColor and apparently that part of the Nook is not fully functional.  Can you imagine.  He said their technical team is working on it.  I can't believe they've come out with a feature that does not work.  He said there will be an update on the website when it becomes functional.  I asked him why would an update appear on your website when there is nothing stating that it's not functional...he couldn't answer that question.  I am really disappointed.

New User
cblack1966
0 Kudos

I have tried using friends emails also, but unless they have a BN account it will not work.  Hope this helps, my email is cblack1966@gmail.com, if you would like to add me for lend me books.

Reader 2
sky73
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know ho to get friends to lend each other books cause none of my friends has a nook???