Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
mickeyquickrice

How many read in the bathroom

I used to be stuck reading labels in the bathroom..Now I take my nook.The only place assured of privacy.....until my husband beats on the door and yells..(Are you alive in there?):smileyvery-happy:

If I had a dollar for every book I have read I would be RICH!
Frequent Contributor
pyrexa

Re: How many read in the bathroom

I think George Castansa did that.
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

[ Edited ]

Thats another major bonus of owning the NC. No more piles of books and mags on the bathroom floor. My family quit banging on the door years ago. Its 1st place they look if I'm not in the common areas.  :smileyhappy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Frequent Contributor
IamKat

Call me chicken, seen too many electronic toys fall in water :smileysad:
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238

http://www.peteava.ro/id-539406-seinfeld-vol-9-173-the-bookstore

Jerry: What is THAT book doing on the table?

Elaine: What? What is wrong with this book?

Jerry: That book has been on a wild ride. It's been in the bathroom.

Elaine: ALL RIGHT. Move it. Biohazard coming through.

Inspired Correspondent
mickeyquickrice
0 Kudos

Too funny!!! I love it.I am a germ freak myself!!:smileyhappy:

If I had a dollar for every book I have read I would be RICH!
phoneboy

IamKat wrote:

Flashback... :smileyvery-happy:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/Reading-While-on-the-John/td-p/8...

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder

mickeyquickrice wrote:

I used to be stuck reading labels in the bathroom..Now I take my nook.The only place assured of privacy.....until my husband beats on the door and yells..(Are you alive in there?):smileyvery-happy:

Always, it is the only place where no one will walk in and start talking to me while I am reading. Everybody in the house knows when Dad takes a book into the bathroom, leave him alone.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Nallia

phoneboy wrote:

IamKat wrote:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/Reading-While-on-the-John/td-p/8...

LMAO!  I was thinking about this as soon as I saw the title of this thread but was too lazy to go looking for it.  :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

I was thinking the same thing.  CasperAZ has been quiet lately.  I was kind of missing his "what if" scenarios.

phoneboy
0 Kudos

Casper def gets the "Most Random Topic" award.

Just for grins. I searched CasperAZ. You cant help but smile when you read his Subject line  :smileyvery-happy:

I miss Casper   :smileysad:

Nallia
0 Kudos

He was around just a few days or a week ago.  It seems a lot of people are taking a bit of a break lately.  Must be spring fever or something.

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

Well I ain't reading the tea leaves in there!

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Wordsmith
dparrothead1
0 Kudos

"Another thing to remember is to avoid sitting on the toilet longer than necessary. You need to get up once you are finished using the restroom. Sitting on the toilet to read or talk on the phone will cause the blood vessels to expand eventually develop into painful hemorrhoids. Instead, take as long as necessary to actually go to the bathroom and then get up. Get up before trying to finish a phone conversation or chapter in your book. If you are hiding from your kids or your employer, don’t sit on the toilet, even if you stay in the bathroom."  Health and Fitness Tools

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat

phoneboy wrote:

Actually... it's a flush back. :smileytongue:

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

dparrothead1 wrote:

"Another thing to remember is to avoid sitting on the toilet longer than necessary. You need to get up once you are finished using the restroom. Sitting on the toilet to read or talk on the phone will cause the blood vessels to expand eventually develop into painful hemorrhoids. Instead, take as long as necessary to actually go to the bathroom and then get up. Get up before trying to finish a phone conversation or chapter in your book. If you are hiding from your kids or your employer, don’t sit on the toilet, even if you stay in the bathroom."  Health and Fitness Tools

That's why I always go face down.

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

Speaking of CasperAZ, I found this thread over in the Community Room. 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Community-Room/Book-series-that-went-sour-but-you-keep-buying...

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved

OK don't flame me but I never understood the whole reading in the bathroom thing. Every guy I know does it and I just don't get it. I'm in, I'm out. I wouldn't get through two pages. lol I do remember I dated a guy once who's mother would read in the bathroom and she said it was because no one would bother her in there which was sad since her kids were practically grown but if she just tried to lay in bed and read I guess everyone bugged her. So I guess I can understand it from that point of view. She also told me not to tell her secrect. lol

Wordsmith
melouria

Well, all I can say is that you must be a lot younger than me.  With age, things slow down.  You know what I mean.....this conversation could get real raunchy if we're not careful!  LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
IamKat
0 Kudos

You guys/gals are a Riot, too FUNNY!