Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
emerald66
0 Kudos

How to know how many pages are in a Nook Book?

Hello All,

I was wondering, how do you know how many pages a book has before purchasing it?  I tend to buy all my books from Barnes and Noble.  I'd like to know how many pages a book has before I purchase it.   When I look at the product detail before purchasing, sometimes there is a KB number and sometimes there is a PP number.   I'm assuming the "PP" number is number of pages, but sometimes this information is not available.

If a book only has a few pages I'm not going to waste my time downloading it.  I prefer books of more substance.

Thanks,

Nook me? No, Nook You!
Inspired Contributor
GummyBares
0 Kudos

Re: How to know how many pages are in a Nook Book?

Well it says in the right top corner of the book ur reading. Like 10 of342. Then there are 342 pages: )
"I Write Sins, Not Tragedies"
Contributor
emerald66
0 Kudos

No... I wasn't clear.  I meant when I'm shopping on Barnes and Noble on the NookBooks pages.   I know how many are on my Nook, I was wondering how to tell how many pages when shopping. 

Thanks

Nook me? No, Nook You!
Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Thru the store you only see the file size. If you go to B&N.com you see the pages (the PP is printed pages) I like to buy from the web site rather than the store since I get a little more information on the books.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

You were clear.  :smileyhappy:

Trying to guess based on file size doesn't really work because sometimes smaller ebooks have a larger file size for some reason.

The only way I've found to estimate if there are no page numbers listed is to look at a paper version of the book.  The page count won't be exactly the same--the ebook usually has more pages than the paper version--but it gives me a good idea.

Correspondent
NookieV
0 Kudos

I think the OP wants to know BEFORE buying the book, not after it's on the Nook.

Kind of a pain but you could try Amazon for the same book. Pretty sure they give page numbers for all the books. 

I had to use Amazon when trying to buy eBooks from Borders (since I had a gift card for them). Borders didn't give ANY info on the books... no write up, blurb about what the book was about... nothing. So I'd jump back and forth from tab to tab looking up the books.

nv

Inspired Contributor
RoseBaby
0 Kudos

I agree -- I usually shop at BN.com unless I already know the book, or have a review that I trust to fill in the details.  I have been burned by both e-pub and traditional pub books.  I also never buy anything directly except favorite authors that I pre-order.  Everything else I download the sample first.