Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Snooki

I Panicked: Lost Nook Color

:smileysad: I pulled the covers down on my bed, reached for my NC and it was not there.  I went into full panic mode.  After 10 minutes of retracing my steps, I found it under the pulled back  cover. :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: I Panicked: Lost Nook Color

Oh gees....glad it was damaged.

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88

I'm glad it was not Damaged! Take good care of it.
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Keep the wife and kids. How much $$ to get my Nook color back. :smileyvery-happy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

What a relief!  Snooki, I'm so glad you found your NOOKcolor.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Contributor
LadyKara
0 Kudos

I have a solution for not misplacing your NookColor:

I'm going to get my an idiot mitten for it in the form of a lanyard that will go around my neck so when I fall asleep reading it will not fall and get broken.  I saw one on a site for Auburn University football that has a release close to the hook so you can easily remove it when putting it away or recharging.  Now I just have to figure out how to hook it to the NookColor since the loop at the bottom is bigger than the snap at the bottom of the lanyard.  Any suggestions??

Diane

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

LadyKara wrote:

I have a solution for not misplacing your NookColor:

I'm going to get my an idiot mitten for it in the form of a lanyard that will go around my neck so when I fall asleep reading it will not fall and get broken.  I saw one on a site for Auburn University football that has a release close to the hook so you can easily remove it when putting it away or recharging.  Now I just have to figure out how to hook it to the NookColor since the loop at the bottom is bigger than the snap at the bottom of the lanyard.  Any suggestions??

Diane

You could probably use a small carabiner, if I'm following you correctly.

But what happens when you wake up strangled by your lanyard?  :smileysurprised:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Frequent Contributor
Snooki
0 Kudos

:smileysad: It's probably not a good idea to go sleep with a lanyard around your neck.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

LadyKara wrote:

Now I just have to figure out how to hook it to the NookColor since the loop at the bottom is bigger than the snap at the bottom of the lanyard.  Any suggestions??

Diane

How about just looping the lanyard through the slot on the nook and then through itself, like you would put a wrist strap on a small camera.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

I almost fell asleep last night and I could feel my hand start to droop and I woke up with a start, like oh no!  I better put my NC away first!  Haha.  Thankfully if I keep it in the cover, that's a lot of protection and I have a carpeted floor, so I am just counting on that to save it. 

I did have a dream the other day that I was using my NookColor as a chopping board and someone asked me if I needed a real one and I said no!  I was bringing the knife down on the glass side of it too, what a crazy dream!  I must've been worrying about my ability to care for it properly or something.  :smileyhappy:

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Snooki
0 Kudos

LOL! That sounds like a nightmare.
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Snooki wrote:
LOL! That sounds like a nightmare.

Well, it certainly was a relief when I woke up!  :smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Correspondent
TaterFink
0 Kudos

Were you reading a cookbook before you fell asleep?   Hungry? 

I know that our NC's are wonderful things and they can do practically anything but, I'm not too sure it'd make a very good kitchen gadget!:smileyvery-happy:

motorcyclists thought of the day - never put your earplugs in the same pocket with your jellybeans!
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Haha, maybe that's what my dream really was about: thinking that the NC can do anything!  Lol.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

SandraPants wrote:

I almost fell asleep last night and I could feel my hand start to droop and I woke up with a start, like oh no!  I better put my NC away first!  Haha.  Thankfully if I keep it in the cover, that's a lot of protection and I have a carpeted floor, so I am just counting on that to save it. 

I did have a dream the other day that I was using my NookColor as a chopping board and someone asked me if I needed a real one and I said no!  I was bringing the knife down on the glass side of it too, what a crazy dream!  I must've been worrying about my ability to care for it properly or something.  :smileyhappy:

I believe your subconscious is crying out for you to get a SquareTrade extended warranty while you still can!   :smileywink:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Distinguished Correspondent
dgiznya
0 Kudos

Snooki,

You can read?

I thought you were too busy clubbing at the Jersey Shore to get any reading done.

Word to the wise...

Keep the sand out of your Nook.

DG

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Frequent Contributor
Snooki
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

:smileyvery-happy: Ha!  I've never watched Jersey Shore, had no idea who Snooki was when I chose my "pseudo name".  I guess if I had researched it first I would have found out it gives absolutely no clue to my true personality.  I just thought it was cute since I love to snuggle up with my Nook Color.  Oh well!!!