Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Atin

I give up on ClubNook!

Hi all!

I give up on that ClubNook! I have requested help from them twice now and have not gotten any. I registers and I can not get in.

Sorry

When you don't read, help the children of the world smile, one child at a time. Help. santasearch.net
Wordsmith
Sardonicus
0 Kudos

Re: I give up on ClubNook!

IM Nallia.  She will work it out for you.

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Frequent Contributor
Atin
0 Kudos

Thank you.

When you don't read, help the children of the world smile, one child at a time. Help. santasearch.net
Contributor
clooney

Too much white space and way too much silliness there. Even with the occasional disruption, this is a far more readable and helpful site.
Love to read.
Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy

Atin wrote:

Hi all!

I give up on that ClubNook! I have requested help from them twice now and have not gotten any. I registers and I can not get in.

Sorry

Perhaps they are too busy fellowshipping each other. :smileywink:

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

You know, there are all kinds of classic nook sites and blogs that started up as well as ipad, kindle, macs, ps3s, xboxes, and even fan sites for shoes.

Probably the best place to ask for help in club nook is in club nook, by PMing someone.  And if someone doesn't care for the site, well to each his own.  You don't have to go there anymore than you have to go to the BN facebook page or twitter or whatever.  This is silly.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
clooney

So what is the problem? Some people like some things and others don't. I don't see the need for your response.
Love to read.
Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

I wouldnt give up, and its okay to show ur frustraitions. As this is a community there will be all kinds of people. Some will not be techy and be more focused on this site as part of a book store and ereader aspect and other will be far less focused at that and more on the tablet side. Or some on both. Im sure if u keep asking one side or the other will aid u, it seems u just have to be persistant.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236

ZOMBully wrote:
I wouldnt give up, and its okay to show ur frustraitions. As this is a community there will be all kinds of people. Some will not be techy and be more focused on this site as part of a book store and ereader aspect and other will be far less focused at that and more on the tablet side. Or some on both. Im sure if u keep asking one side or the other will aid u, it seems u just have to be persistant.

Well said.

Atin, I don't know what help you asked for, but I never saw your requests.  I'm afraid my free time is quite limited these days and I no longer have the time to go through multiple pages of threads here like I used to.  I was also gone all weekend to spend time with my family.  Unfortunately for some, threads can get pushed off the first and second pages here very quickly now and some people's questions can get missed because of that.  If you would still like help, ask your question here and 'll do my best to help you.

As for the background discussion going on here--the forums here are great and are usually very helpful for people.  ClubNOOK is still in its infancy and is still findin gits voice.  Some people there are using the forum to get to know each other better after knowing each other here for a good while.  This really isn't surprising.  The NOOK and NOOKcolor forums here are wonderful for those who are looking for pure product support or knowledge, but not always so great for those who want a more community feel as well (as has been made apparent by many these last few weeks).

No forum is for everyone.  That's why there are so many of them.  :smileywink:

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

clooney wrote:
So what is the problem? Some people like some things and others don't. I don't see the need for your response.

If you meant me, maybe I should explain.  I just meant that not all sites are for everyone and that's fine.  I didn't see any posts from atin over on clubnook, but if she is using another user name that might be why.  And as in any forum since it may be impossible for all questions to get answered it is often best to PM someone for help.  The site does have some people on it whose names pop up more than others or there's Derwyn or Nallia or me (McDee over there).  I daresay many of us on this site have been PMed with a question or two.

Just saying if it is a problem with the NC itself then posting here might get some help, but if it's a problem with clubnook specifically, then it might be best to get help there.  Or at least post here what the problems are.

I guess the one problem is with registering, but have no specifics.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

clooney wrote:

EXACTLY.

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Frequent Contributor
Nookie_Nookerson
0 Kudos

Re: I give up on Clubfoot!

@ clooney - agreed, why is all the white space so off putting? I am interested in looking into it more but the layout is nice but it still needs some fine tuning.
So I got that goin for me........which is nice.
Contributor
clooney

Re: I give up on Clubfoot!

I don't know, it is just too much to negotiate. It doesn't have flow. If the conversations were compelling, it would be worth it, but they just seem to be the same as here. And if that's the case, no need to go there.
Love to read.
Contributor
clooney

Re: I give up on Clubnook

[ Edited ]

Love to read.
Frequent Contributor
Onji1908
0 Kudos

Re: I give up on Clubnook

In just reading over this I think the poster cannot log in at clubnook...(I love clubnook by the way)

Frequent Contributor
Alcoholcenter
0 Kudos

I like Club Nook. I think having "options" is great. This forum is terrific and the Club makes the online community "richer". JMTC

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

They are the yin to my yang

Nallia

[ Edited ]
Correspondent
retiefBD
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

Atin PMed me this morning and her problem has been fixed.  :smileyhappy:

So, if I PM you will you fix MY problems too?  Can a single PM, I'm rather lazy, be used to fix multiple problems?  Without a doubt I do have a few .... :smileywink:

Nallia
0 Kudos

retiefBD wrote:

Nallia wrote:

Atin PMed me this morning and her problem has been fixed.  :smileyhappy:

So, if I PM you will you fix MY problems too?  Can a single PM, I'm rather lazy, be used to fix multiple problems?  Without a doubt I do have a few .... :smileywink:

I'm afraid that your problems may be beyond my considerable skills.  :smileywink: