Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

I lost my icon. Why? How do I get it back?

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I searched the message base and didn't find an answer, so I'll try my first post to this forum.

I bought a nook color yesterday and successfully upgraded it to software version 1.2.0. I then successfully bought and installed the Angry Birds app. The app worked fine and continues to work.

When first installed, the icon on the homepage and on the app page was the correct red bird. But now, the Angry Bird icon has changed to a generic gray rectangle with the nook "n" in the lower right-hand corner.

I've powered down and restarted the nook color but the Angry Birds icon remains the bland rectangle. I've also Archived, then Restored Angry Birds to my nook color but the icon remains incorrect. This is a stock nook color and has no SD card installed.

How did my Angry Birds icon switch to a generic rectangle and how do I prevent it from occurring again? How do I restore the custom red bird icon on my homepage and app page? Is this a common problem or a bug with the new nook color 1.2.0 software or with Angry Birds? Has anyone seen this happen with other apps? It's just so odd that the app initially installed with the correct icon, but the icon changed later in the day to a gray rectangle.

Anyone with a thought or two for me? Thanks in advance.

Reader 4
ralphRK
0 Kudos

Re: I lost my icon. Why? How do I get it back?

I have the same issue with angry birds.   Later when I downloaded Pulse and have a grayed out Icon for it as well.

Frequent Contributor
rassy
0 Kudos

I have the same problem for Pulse as well as GoodReads.  I posted on Monday, but did not get a response.

Contributor
Arcanite
0 Kudos

Same for me for Pulse and Calendar..

Inspired Correspondent
Knowledge70
0 Kudos

This is a known issue at this time and they are looking into it. There is no workaround at this time.

Contributor
crister
0 Kudos

Angry Birds had a grey box for me as well.. until I dragged it out of the bottom and onto main window there... suddenly it changed and was the proper icon.  No clue if moving it would help you but, its worth a try :smileyhappy:

A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
-- Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A. A. Milne