Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe

Re: I'm going to sell my nook color.

roy257 wrote:

They are ridiculos, now they are selling the nc for 200 on ebay and its only been 3 to 4 month's this thing has been out. I feel cheated and why not give the people who brought it first a free ebook of there choice.BN sucks I'm buying a Kindle. Suck it BN.

Ah, such is life.  You've enjoyed your NC for 3 - 4 months, so I'm not sure what the problem is, but sometimes people are bound and determined to be unhappy about something.  

Enjoy your Kindle, and don't be surprised if/when either a new model comes out or they drop the price on the model you buy.

Inspired Correspondent
Viktornka

Sure, I don't like it when technology I've purchased drops in price, but it happens all the time.

I really think that the Kindle is vastly inferior to a NookColor, and I've used both.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Well you could have waited for the price to drop before purchasing. This happens all the time. Don't be upset.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

HOW MUCH??

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88

Wow, is this theard for real? If it is, then I'm glad my nookcolor sucks, because l love It! You will have to pry from my dead cold Hands! Get a life.
Contributor
youthpastor247
0 Kudos

Just a heads up, BN isn't sponsoring the price cut.  Ebay is offering a $50 coupon in order to get people to their site.  That's why the discount isn't in stores or on BN.com.

If anyone wants to complain about the price cut, complain to eBay.

Reader 2
mehraaaan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

why ?? just why ??? :smileyvery-happy:

but seriously dude , I would love to have another NC for 190$ if u want to sell it with this price

phoneboy

What kind of cruelty is this? You come on here promising to sell your Nook Color then vanish without listing the price. I'll ask one more time...How much do you want for your POS Nook Color?  I would love to have a 2nd one to tool around with.

Scribe
03FLHT2

phoneboy Being pretty persistent there son.

Frequent Contributor
roy257
0 Kudos

Sorry losers but today I sold it to my co-worker for for 188.00, and now I own a Kindle 3, and love it, it actually has wifi that works as well as 3g.And the classics are free and many.Screw BN, I hate that it came down to this, they seem to care about only the sales and not the customers or their crap device.

Distinguished Correspondent
Sardonic

Variety is the spice of life and competition is a beautiful thing. I hope you enjoy many hours of reading on your kindle and Goodbye!
Inspired Scribe
orb9220

roy257 wrote:

Sorry losers but today I sold it to my co-worker for for 188.00, and now I own a Kindle 3, and love it, it actually has wifi that works as well as 3g.And the classics are free and many.Screw BN, I hate that it came down to this, they seem to care about only the sales and not the customers or their crap device.

I'm totally confused of the OP's rant!

1) Free Classics ? B&N has them as many other sites

2) As Wifi found my Nook Color works great!

3) Seems to care only about sales? And Amazon is Not? What a wheezer!

you do know that that the Nook allows Library lending=free to read pay for books? Nook supports more book formats and sites that sell books as in open format. The Kindle Not!

With their locked in kindle format for books!

4) Also with my nook color rooted and the kindle reader installed I can buy and read Amazon Books and B&N!

5) B&N is not selling new nooks on ebay that's a marketing company promo? And where do get off thinking nothing else in the world doesn't do the same thing in 4-6 months down the line. Whether it's a TV,cell phone,computer,car,etc.. Geeze you sure have a blinders limited view of the world.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Bibliophile
Jenniisme

This was funny!

OP, have fun with your kindle. Your co-worker got over on you but good!

Contributor
SimpleDesign

So I was watching a movie today on my Nook and then listened to Pandora for a while....after that I put some photos on it to share for a client that I did their wedding photography.  Now to relax I am going to read some.

What did your Kindle 3 do today?

phoneboy

Roy257, aren't you running the risk of alienating a co worker oncethey find out you sold them a POS? Just sayin. :smileywink:
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

[ Edited ]

Well.

That was an interesting thread.

When I first saw the $50-off coupon, my first reaction was, "Who do I know who's interested in buying a NOOKcolor at one-fifth off?" 

I didn't get my panties in a bunch and start wringing my hands and lamenting, "Oh, boo, hoo, hoo!  Woe is me!  I was an early-adopter and somehow my 'investment' is now worth less!"   :smileytongue:

And I totally don't get the rant about there being "no free classics."  If I do a search on bn.com for "0.00" I find tons of free books, and many are classics.  My experience is that most of the free B&N ebooks are poorly formatted, though, so I tend to get classics from Project Gutenberg or epubbooks.com.  I have about a 140 books on my NC.  Classics like Treasure Island, Moby Dick, White Fang, Sherlock Holmes, Robinson Crusoe. Stuff from Poe and Lovecraft and H.G. Wells and Oscar Wilde.  Even some from Andre Norton.  They were all free.

No, I take that back.  I actually bought my first ebook yesterday...that $0.99 book on B&N's FB that went to charity.

Oh, well.  Different strokes for different folks.

The guy's cow-orker got a sweet deal, though.

:smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Distinguished Correspondent
TaterFink

Well, as my daddy used to say in ref to someone that just can't be happy about anything -

"you'd b*tch if you were hung with a new rope"

Roy257 wasn't happy, he got everyone going on a rant, and he left.  B'bye!

I think he'll regret selling his NC sooner or later but will never admit it. 

Our NC's are such a positive thing, we don't need his negativity bogging us down in our little NC Heaven.:smileyhappy:

motorcyclists thought of the day - never put your earplugs in the same pocket with your jellybeans!
Correspondent
Perry_Mason

Enjoy putting up with all those crummy buttons on the front of the Kindle and its 1980's DOS interface and the ability to buy books only from Amazon.  The great thing about my Nook is that I hardly buy books anymore; I just check them out of the digital library and read them for free.  But unfortunately, none of the books you can check out are compatible with the Kindle.  

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Perry_Mason wrote:

Enjoy putting up with all those crummy buttons on the front of the Kindle and its 1980's DOS interface and the ability to buy books only from Amazon.  The great thing about my Nook is that I hardly buy books anymore; I just check them out of the digital library and read them for free.  But unfortunately, none of the books you can check out are compatible with the Kindle.  

Nor with Linux, it seems.  That's not the Nook's fault, though.   (I'm talkin' to YOU, Adobe! :smileymad: )

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1

Ok, Roy257, if you feel that your NC isn't for you, then it is not. That is plain to see since you want to replace it with a Kindle. Some people can't handle things that are just not plain & simple. And if you paid $250.00+tax for your NC and sold it for $188.00, you really are not the brightest crayon in the box. Your at a $62.00+ loss already and you were worried about 50.00??? Not to smart on your part. But your co-worker, who is the one who got the deal, is the smart one.

But we are not here to call names or point fingers. The NOOKCOLOR was more then you could handle and it was best for you to sell. Your loss. But now that you are no longer a Nook owner, you need to delete yourself from this site. It is for people who have & love their NC. So don't let the door hit you on the way out. BYE!!

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch