Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: I'm going to sell my nook color.

So did ya sell it yet? Looks like you had a few takers.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Doreenpv wrote:

So did ya sell it yet? Looks like you had a few takers.

OP posted yesterday that he sold it to a co-worker and is now the proud owner of a Kindle.

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif

Like Gringy1 said the smart guy was roy-idiot-257's co-worker he buys roy-idiot-257 $300 device for $180.  Why is Nookcolor worth $300 because there a several tablets going for $400-600 that a rooted Nookcolor out performs.

Assoc Press declared the Nookcolor best ereader on the market, many other publications and gadget pros have done the same.

roy-idiot-257 will go down as one of the very very very few Nookcolor owners that traded their #1 rated Nookcolor ereader, with state of art technology, voted best color display, most expandable ereader, access to free pub library ebooks, FOR a Kindle with 3 year old technology, old key press, black and white screen, zero expandability, limited ebook formats, no access to pub library ebooks, I could go on and on, I'm preaching to the choir.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

Can I get an AMEN!?!

:smileyvery-happy:

The OP...what a maroon.  To paraphrase Bugs.

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Contributor
overbyte
0 Kudos

Re: Free books

[ Edited ]

Also, for free ePub format eBooks that you can download into your NookColor:

Inspired Correspondent
mickeyquickrice
0 Kudos

I like that come back!!! lol

If I had a dollar for every book I have read I would be RICH!
Inspired Correspondent
mickeyquickrice
0 Kudos

lol! get him!!!!

If I had a dollar for every book I have read I would be RICH!
Frequent Contributor
roy257
0 Kudos

Wow you people are something else. Frist of all my NC wifi did not work, I try everything, I live in New York City and we have tons of wifi and yet it turns off on me every 2 to 5 mintues. My kindle unlike NC has 3g and its fast, real fast and I get my books without wait.NC is heavy while my kindle is as light as 2 sheets of paper.NC has a lcd screen that DOES hurt the eyes my kindle looks like real paper.My kindle can read in sunlight NC you can't read Sh*t in sunlight.Battery on nook color is 8 hours Kindle is 30 days.I get free classics without going to other websites and when I purchase books I don't have any problems like with the horrible customer service BN has. So keep making up crap that your toy nook can do cause you will lose every time, and to yocalif,Grinchy1,Perry_Mason,riffrafff,SimpleDesign I'm glad I don't know who you people are but by me reading your comments you come off as real muthaf**kers.Have fun with garbage,

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Well, how refreshing. Garbage talks. You post crap and then insult others for objecting to it. Your initial complaint was mainly that B&N didn't offer free classics. Well, the 50 plus classics I have are mostly free ones from B&N that they had professionally published. Some even have COLOR illustrations. When it was pointed out that there are various sources for free books for the NC, the complaint mmagically morphs into a user issue. If someone purchases a NOOKcolor, they do so for specific reasons and uses not available on a sooper de dooper k3. One can only hope that the reading experience on the k3 will work out since it was not the case in reading specs for the NC.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Distinguished Correspondent
Sardonic

He who starts a fire should not complain when he gets burned...bye roy..
Contributor
SimpleDesign
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

roy257 wrote:

Wow you people are something else. Frist of all my NC wifi did not work, I try everything, I live in New York City and we have tons of wifi and yet it turns off on me every 2 to 5 mintues. My kindle unlike NC has 3g and its fast, real fast and I get my books without wait.NC is heavy while my kindle is as light as 2 sheets of paper.NC has a lcd screen that DOES hurt the eyes my kindle looks like real paper.My kindle can read in sunlight NC you can't read Sh*t in sunlight.Battery on nook color is 8 hours Kindle is 30 days.I get free classics without going to other websites and when I purchase books I don't have any problems like with the horrible customer service BN has. So keep making up crap that your toy nook can do cause you will lose every time, and to yocalif,Grinchy1,Perry_Mason,riffrafff,SimpleDesign I'm glad I don't know who you people are but by me reading your comments you come off as real muthaf**kers.Have fun with garbage,

Really?  Did you really come back and show your ass again?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Roy, with the usage of your wrods and the things you say, show use what type of a low class person you are. You do not deserve a high tech device an clearly dld not know how to use it. Now go away as you DO NOT BELONG HERE ANY MORE

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

[ Edited ]

Dude.  You are sooo sad.  My wi-fi worked from Day One.   I have NEVER had to call Customer Service.  "It just works."    Sorry you are so incompetent as to not be able to use a simple piece of consumer electronics.  My advice to you:  Stick with dead tree books.  You and I both know you're going to have issues with that Kindle down the line. It's inevitable.  Might as well cut your losses.

Know wut I mean, Vern?

:smileyvery-happy:

What do you mean, I'm "feeding the troll?"  Huh?  :smileyindifferent:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Contributor
SueJay

Go for it.  We live in the good old U.S.A. which is a free capitalistic society.  It is an easy bet that the price will come down  if you are willing to wait. I spent $3000 on a 55 inch Samsung flat screen TV and a year later, well you know where I'm going with that...

I think the NookColor is worth every penny!

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif

roy257, you didn't start off telling us about wifi and customer service issues.  You complained because there is a limited $50 promotion which has already ended.  You feel ripped off.  Answer GROW UP,  1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, everyone knows that the price is going to go down sooner or later that happens with new technology.

You now tell us about your NC wifi not working properly.  Answer: take the NC back to B&N and exchange it, the NC wifi works great on most NCs.  You complained about customer service. Answer, ask for the manager and get the problem solved to your satisfaction.

In your original post you boast about prices and rip off, and selling your Nookcolor for a Kindle.  You expected sympathy, instead you got roasted.  You really expect people on a Nookcolor forum will root for you're stupid dumb ass decision.  Your decision to sell your Nookcolor for a Kindle was DUMB, every major ereader review says that the Nookcolor is superior to the Kindle.  But worse is you’re more than dumb decision to boast about selling your Nookcolor for a Kindle on a Nookcolor fan forum.  You are more than entitled to sell, and post, but you also are entitled to get roasted when you post such idiotic stuff on a Nookcolor forum.

Wordsmith
Tess75

I agree! My husband for our 10th wedding anniversary bought me the Nook 3g/wifi. When it was barely new. A few months later they came out with the NOOK Color! I wanted to scream. I love the look, the extra features, it also looks a little slimmer than the original. Plus the screen has color, mine is black & White. Not that I'm ungrateful. It was a very thoughtful gift. I just wish there was a way to upgrade like you do with your cell phone's when they come out with better technology. I am happy with mine though color or not. It's very user friendly. I don't think he gave it a try. It takes some time to really understand how to use it. I still am finding new information all the time that I didn't know about. As for his his co-worker, wow did he ever get a deal. You don't come across that everyday! He was smart to grab it while he good.

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
gabourele

roy257 First off foul language will no be tolerated on this board once so ever just like on the kindle boards they will not tolerate it there either. To try and compare nookcolor to a kindle is like trying to compare a car to a bike. Different technologies. NookColor is a Reader's Tablet while kindle is strictly and e-reader.

A customer came into my store last week and showed me something that makes nookcolor alot better at a number of things. This customer owns a business and has business proposals on his K3 with his company logo and everything on it graphs etc. Now keep in mind he plans on buying these for his clients, Well the one major thing he hated about his K3 was that the K3 cut his logo he designed as the cover for the proposals  on the main screen when he opened it to read it and the graphs in his business proposals were way small. He was not happy at all. He tried it on NookColor not only did he get the full color of his covers but was able to landscape and view his graph on Nookcolor with no problem at all. So in all don't try to bad mouth a device because your the one that had problems. As for CS every company has issues there even Amazon so before you try insulting BN's CS you may want to check kindles boards about customers getting bad CS as well. You could have gone into a store for help instead of slamming everyone in this group.

By the way if you wanted a device in Black and White nook has a wifi and 3G models as well both in  black and white with page turning speed just as fast as kindle and the screen looks like reading a paperback  book and battery life is longer too. Remember LCD's battery life isn't as long as  e ink hence why BN has the option of both.

And I read my NC in the sunlight with no problem all you have to do is change the screen background.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
spinndiva

People! People! Remember: Total awesomeness IS optional!

Obviously the OP opted out and went with the kindle instead...

With great power comes great responsibility! Lets keep that in mind and extend a round of pity toward the poor errant soul!

Instead of pointing out the error of the OP's ways, lets rather focus on the good here! A NEW NOOK OWNER!

Lets welcome the OP's co-worker! *waves* Hey there! Welcome to the cool kids!

I for one wish the OP with all my heart the best of luck and all the fun he can have with his kindle (that could be an interesting half hour after all)

I'm happy with my NC and I don't mind what we paid for it (although it was a big chunk out of our budget, but it was SO TOTALLY WORTH IT)

When we get the update we will be sitting here, enjoying our NC's even more (if that is possible) and he... oh that's right... he will need to buy a new device if they update the kindle! Wonder how much that will set him back...

And in defense to the OP:

I have had a few problems with my NC when I got it. Some were human error, some were the products fault, but all I did was go in the store and boom, I had help and/or a replacement that day. Um, guys... where are the closest Amazon stores?....

Wordsmith
Tess75
0 Kudos

Thank you! I'm not a NC owner :smileysad: it came out a few  months after I bought my 3G/WiFi. Which I am very happy with although the NC looks way cool! I am in total agreement about watching your language on here. Since I've joined everyone has done nothing but help and make us, (new B&N's) feel welcome and not like outsiders. All you had to do was ask, or you could have called the B&N Customer Service line about the fact that maybe there was a technical problem that could have been fixed, if you thought it wasn't your fault. Although the way you're mouthing off about it being our error, sound's to me you're overcompensating for something! Hey maybe you could have seen if you could figure out how to download "NC for Dummies"(LOL)!!!! Really though if you weren't happy that's fine. It doesn't give you the right though to be rude to people who only tried to help. All you're doing is making yourself look foolish and giving the impression that living in NY makes you any better than the rest of us. I'm not sorry to say you wont be missed. We don't need people like you! All it does is cause problems. There are other Sites you can go blog on. Maybe they'll put up with your rude mouth and crying over an electronic NC that lets you download a book and read in under two minutes. Pathetic! You don't even warrant a good bye from B&N. You don't deserve it from the people I have become friends with. They earned it by being polite. Something you might want to look up in the dictionary!!!

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Inspired Contributor
Azilla

Best read of the morning...

when this kid, grows up, he will realize how marketing works. He shall be in for a shock when he buys his first new car and the minute he signs the paperwork his car's value drops 5+k$