Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
dparrothead1

Re: I'm going to sell my nook color.

This is why this board needs mods.....this thread should have been locked about two pages ago!!!

I mean we getting non-NC owners sounding off......

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

dparrothead1 wrote:

This is why this board needs mods.....this thread should have been locked about two pages ago!!!

I mean we getting non-NC owners sounding off......

I disagree. Its kinda like censoring TV.

Heres an idea. You dont want to watch it, change the channel.

I agree that the OP was a lost case

I agree that its kinda silly that this thread keeps rising to the top

Its like a car wreak. People rubber necking an such

MOVE ALONG PEOPLE. NOTHING TO SEE HERE...LOL

**disclaimer: Not a personel attack on dparrothead1. JMHO **

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Frequent Contributor
cheza10

Unless someone else is selling their NC at a heavily discounted price (my reason for watching the wreckage) this is a dead issue. Just my opinion. Post away, maybe I'll get Lucky!
Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif

I don't get it, why some keep calling for having the Nookcolor forum censored, who wants others passing judgement on their posts, having someone making rulings on correctness. This is not a politics or religious forum, it is a eReader interest group forum, and by and large almost all the posts and threads are civil. Are some people jerks, hell yes, I'm one of them, but you better not sensor my posts or I'm out of here. If someone posts something utterly stupid like this thread's OP they deserve to get roasted, and that is exactly what happened. The forum users should be the one deciding what is appropriate and what isn't. Threads that get out of control you can bet posters will respond and either shout down, or sink the idiot poster with pure undeniable logic (I hope I am the logic type), I don't like to amp up the noise, I prefer bringing light to the issue.

As long as post content stays out of the gutter and name calling is limited to similar descriptives like "that's stupid" or idiotic, as adults we should be able to handle that.  What isn't acceptable is calling others 4letter words and using gutter type references to either describe someone or their point of view.  Again the forum members not moderators should be the ones responding challenging those making obvious offensive remarks.

Drive-by posters who like to post absurd, intentional controversial or content sure to aggravate the majority members, can be an issue. The best thing is a few replies and just letting the thread die. I do think that there should be an overall forum moderator that upset people can report problem threads or problem posters too, so some kind of appropriate action can be taken. But a moderator for every forum reading all posts and passing judgement is a sure way to kill discussion. 

Inspired Correspondent
Andromeda208

dparrothead1 wrote:

I can't believe someone getting so upset over a one time sale!! 

One thing I have learned in my 65 years is that no matter what you buy, or what price you paid....at some point in time you are going to find it cheaper.  And we don't know who's taking the hit on the price...B&N, E-Bay or PayPal.....

Yes, had I waited, I could have save 50 bucks,,,but I would have missed out on a month of entertainment!!!!   No regrets here!!

BTW, I have a Kindle in my desk drawer that is never used anymore.  Just can't bring myself to look at that drab screen!

Just had another thought...Since your not smart enough to use spell check,,,,,maybe the other poster are correct in their thinking.

I'm  with you parrothead.  I think before you click buy, something new comes out. I too would not trade my 2 months with my NC to have saved 50 bucks.  I love it!  All I do with my Kindle now is play scrabble.  LOL.:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
cutterjohn
0 Kudos

yocalif wrote:

Your an idiot!   Kindles sold for over $400 when they first came out and now the same Kindle is less than $200.  You want to compare a Kindle to a Nookcolor?  Never mind dozen's of review sites and publications have already done that comparison and the Nookcolor is rated the best current ereader.

You should sell you NC, if you haven't the brain to understand how good the nookcolor is and that it is worth more than $300, then you most likely can't understand the books you will read on it. Oh I forgot you bought the Nookcolor to read comic books,  hmmmm you won't be able to do that on a Kindle, at least not in vivid color.

Nah, you're the idiot here.  A small Chinese company had been selling a cortex-a8 tablet with similar specs(minus cap screen & IPS but WITH GPS) for c. $200 for a while now, and they're lower volume to boot -> higher production costs.  They've gone from Android 2.1 -> 2.2 so far with more frequent and useful updates than B&N has managed to cough up after 4m as well!
I'm kind of in the same boat, but in my case it's NOT the price itself, but the mostly lack of support and fw updates from B&N.  They missed the 2 for February and one was for their stupid app store ffs!  Even pandigital's doing a better job on meaningful fw updates v. the couple of quickie patches that we've gotten with the NC so far!
At this point, I've got a Viewsonic gTablet(Tegra 2 goodness even makes the NC feel slow, again fw updates that actually are more than tiny patches and improved actual useability, however I use a custom fw ATM), a Pandigital Novel(white v2), an Archos 32 Internet Tablet(mostly for music/video, and oh look another company that can actually release meaningful fw updates in a timely manner...), and am quite likely to also order an Archos 43 as I'm finding the 32 a bit too small but now think that even smaller size more like old PDAs would be best for me for portability/useability tradeoff.
So the NC is kind of becoming the spare tire which I really don't need(IPS screen is just not important to me, Pixel Qi OTOH would've meant a definite keeper), so to keep it to hack? or dump it on ebay?

Frequent Contributor
roy257
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Tess 75, I won't cuzz again but if you keep insuting me then I will cuzz at you in such a way you won't come here anymore.To the others that said that BN will fix the problem, No they can't because they are stupid. They want me to get a new one but I had it for months with the wifi prob and the only thing they told me was to wait for updates, and so far they only has been 2 of dem and non have work. I'm very happy with my kindle,at one time I was very happy with nook color but problems kept me from loving it. Deal with it people nook color ain't all that.

phoneboy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Roy...your an idiot anb proved it with that last post Let's sum this all up...a few people are not at all impressed with the nook color. That's fine. The trbl is when they come on here showin their a$$ and trying to convince others that the to should be anti nook/ B&N. Thing is most people on here love their NC. A few wish it was more open than it is and push rooting. Others,myself included, are content with what it is out of the box. I def hope that B&N offer a few improvments with the 2.2 update as well as offer some usable apps in the upcomming app store. The haters should be treated as simple minded trolls. Its the intenet for crips sake. Ya know even if ya when an argument on theinternet your still a..... lol

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
DMa
Contributor
DMa

Honestly, just a matter of to each his own. I was leaning toward the Kindle 3 until I learned that Kindle will not allow library books..and NookColor will..end of story..access to all the free books I want..It works fantastically.!

Love..love..LOVE  it..Read it in the dark and in the sunlight and all over. Never had any troubl with WiFi and have no desire to have it be 3G. It is a bit heavier than the Kindle and the battery stuff doesn;t last as long. But I do not read for 24 hrs a day. I charge it when I sleep..

Also, I don't want/need WiFi on all the time...so the battery is not an issue. If I wanted a tablet computer, I would have bought one.

Reader 4
Constance253
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im with you, I love my nook color. Pleeeeze tell  me how to borrow books from the iibrary

Thanks 

Distinguished Correspondent
feltbettor
0 Kudos

roy257 wrote:

They are ridiculos, now they are selling the nc for 200 on ebay and its only been 3 to 4 month's this thing has been out. I feel cheated and why not give the people who brought it first a free ebook of there choice.BN sucks I'm buying a Kindle. Suck it BN.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Enjoy your new Amazon Kindle.

"Now remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... Except herpes, that s*** will come back with you." - Sid Garner
Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully

I read this from page 1 and all I have is a few words to write. 1 i agree this thread laster way to long. 2, which is a but add to 1, i kinda didnt want it to end. Kept hoping roy would add another reply. This in itself was a free book. Had drama and plot twist. Oh my it was a good read. I honestly hope he adds more replies because his idiocy and reluctancy to return only proves time and time again he raged out, im a gamer thus the rage comment, because he knows of his mistake. As u can tell my reply is via nook color. I got tired of angry birds hd to check the forums and boy am i glad i did!
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe
New User
redhead379
0 Kudos

umm, wow, Do you have to be so freaking mean? Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion does NOT give you the right to insult them. If they're so stupid, why are you the one who speaks like an uneducated jerk. Dissagree, thats fine, but get a filter and learn whats appropriate to say and what's not. Geez

Inspired Contributor
nookloverjf
0 Kudos

Having worked retail for many years I can tell you that people that complain about service are usually unrealistic with their expectations, or they were just asses that got what they deserved. you are the looser.
Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

redhead379 wrote:

umm, wow, Do you have to be so freaking mean? Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion does NOT give you the right to insult them. If they're so stupid, why are you the one who speaks like an uneducated jerk. Dissagree, thats fine, but get a filter and learn whats appropriate to say and what's not. Geez

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/330836/post-type/message

reading material to shed some light on the situation.

Check back in after reading, I'm interested to know what you think.

I don't know how long you have been reading threads here before regestering, but I get the feeling you regestered just to respond to this thread. As of right now, your first post and regestration both took place 2 hours ago. 

How many pages back was it by the way?

roustabout
0 Kudos

I like how the OP thinks that BN and Amazon only have one engineer apiece, in his latest thread discussing his wish for a 3g model of the nook touch.  Which he'd apparently like to get to go with the NC he apparently has now purchased another of. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Reader
RayNeal
0 Kudos

That some funny stuff there. Thanks for the laugh.  Really, big belly laugh.

The difference between knowledge and wisdom, is experience.
Inspired Contributor
jeffkww
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

Geniouses

Contributor
mbarb54
0 Kudos

Wah. Wah. Wah.