Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
roy257
0 Kudos

I'm going to sell my nook color.

They are ridiculos, now they are selling the nc for 200 on ebay and its only been 3 to 4 month's this thing has been out. I feel cheated and why not give the people who brought it first a free ebook of there choice.BN sucks I'm buying a Kindle. Suck it BN.

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif

Re: I'm going to sell my nook color.

Your an idiot!   Kindles sold for over $400 when they first came out and now the same Kindle is less than $200.  You want to compare a Kindle to a Nookcolor?  Never mind dozen's of review sites and publications have already done that comparison and the Nookcolor is rated the best current ereader.

You should sell you NC, if you haven't the brain to understand how good the nookcolor is and that it is worth more than $300, then you most likely can't understand the books you will read on it. Oh I forgot you bought the Nookcolor to read comic books,  hmmmm you won't be able to do that on a Kindle, at least not in vivid color.

Contributor
SimpleDesign

You're comparing ebay prices to retail.....I've got some ideas about what you can do with that Kindle when you get it

Wordsmith
dparrothead1

[ Edited ]

I can't believe someone getting so upset over a one time sale!! 

One thing I have learned in my 65 years is that no matter what you buy, or what price you paid....at some point in time you are going to find it cheaper.  And we don't know who's taking the hit on the price...B&N, E-Bay or PayPal.....

Yes, had I waited, I could have save 50 bucks,,,but I would have missed out on a month of entertainment!!!!   No regrets here!!

BTW, I have a Kindle in my desk drawer that is never used anymore.  Just can't bring myself to look at that drab screen!

Just had another thought...Since your not smart enough to use spell check,,,,,maybe the other poster are correct in their thinking.

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Distinguished Correspondent
Wild_images
0 Kudos

So..............how much you want for it?

A back up would be cool, or my kid in college might enjoy it.    You take PayPal???

Contributor
Profilerz

I bought my house for 475k 4 years ago.  In this economy is only worth 423k.  This is a ridiculous, I'm going to call my mortgage company and complain its gotta be their fault.  I'm going to sell it and go buy a camper!   I mean campers, now those don't go down in value..........

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ

In my opinion, I would not buy a NOOKcolor on eBay.  The device may have been dropped or the owner could have damaged it in some other way and then the buyer is stuck with it.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Contributor
icart

Another warning about Nooks on ebay...they could be "found nooks" (stolen).  We have had several customers who have "lost" their nooks, never to be seen again.  Someone can sell that on ebay and until you go to register it....you won't know!  

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Excellent. Try ebay. And try that spell check button also.
Wordsmith
gandalf1369

CasperAZ wrote:

In my opinion, I would not buy a NOOKcolor on eBay.  The device may have been dropped or the owner could have damaged it in some other way and then the buyer is stuck with it.

if you would read the description of the NOOKColor offered by B&N on eBay for $199 it reads:

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging . . .

I seriously doubt that B&N has "dropped" it.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Frequent Contributor
roy257
0 Kudos

Kindle won my heart, nook color doesnt have free classics,and all there stupid free friday books are free all the time on kindle, the last straw was when they sold it cheaper on ebay.

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

Free books

roy257 wrote:

Kindle won my heart, nook color doesnt have free classics,and all there stupid free friday books are free all the time on kindle, the last straw was when they sold it cheaper on ebay.

This might help.

Free Classics (NOOK+Kindle):

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.archive.org/details/texts

Free movies and TV shows (NOOKcolor only):

http://www.archive.org/details/movies

New User
TrillianAstra

Sounds like you haven't heard of Project Gutenberg...

Correspondent
Piechow
0 Kudos

As i said in another thread 200 = Refurbished or returned nook colors = never as good as my brand new 250 nook color.

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

I think these $200 NOOKcolors are actually brand-new, however, I doubt that they would let you take it to the store for exchange (with your eBay receipt) if you run into problems. Likely they will just sent it to the factory/repair dept and charge you shipping.

Inspired Correspondent
RodneyJT
0 Kudos

It's not a permanent price change. It's a time limited (Expires March 3rd @ 8 am) coupon e-bay only sale. Things go on sale or have discount coupons all the time.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

How much???

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Distinguished Correspondent
scott88
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr wrote:

But what about the little troll children?

[hysterical]won't somebody think of the children[/ hysterical]

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.