Frequent Contributor
Technogeek864CB
0 Kudos

I'm scrambled (brain-wise) What is a soft reset?

Duhhhh! I'm scrambled (brain-wise) What is a soft reset?  Remind me.  I feel so stupid.  Guess I'm just having a senior moment. hahaha

The dreams of childhood - its airy fables, its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown.
---Charles Dickens
ekw
Contributor
ekw
0 Kudos

Re: I'm scrambled (brain-wise) What is a soft reset?

Turn it off by holding the power button until the screen blurs, and say yes to turning the power off. Then, to turn on again, hold the power button down until the screen "blinks". I am happy with the rebooting time.
Frequent Contributor
Technogeek864CB
0 Kudos

Re: I'm scrambled (brain-wise) What is a soft reset?

Well thank you!  I do THAT all the time when it freezes.  Most of this stuff is just really intuitive to me, but when someone uses a term I'm not familiar with because I just "do it", it throws me.  I certainly don't want to go back to factory settings if I don't have to...ever!  Better to ask than to try to flip pages in that manual.  Wish it would jump back to the table of contents!

The dreams of childhood - its airy fables, its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown.
---Charles Dickens