01-29-2011 09:06 PM
Greetings! I have a very simple request, please include the ability to read a book using a black background and white text. I have used nook on my iphone for quite a while and it has always included this feature. I was supprised to see the option exists on the black & white nook but not on the nook color. Thanks, MrBreeze
You can't change the background on th e-Ink NOOK to black with white text. You CAN do this with the NOOKcolor already.
When you have an ebook open, tap the center of the screen to bring up the blue menu bar. Tap Text and then tap the little window under the font name. The window you want probably says, "Normal." A drop down menu will appear. Scroll down to Night.
01-29-2011 09:40 PM - edited 01-29-2011 09:42 PM
@Nallia He had me scratching my head about the e-ink model ...
01-30-2011 12:24 AM - edited 01-30-2011 12:26 AM
how about the ability to close Pandora with out signing out. Also a ton more options for PDF. It would be nice to have more cutomability with the nook screens and sideloaded items
01-30-2011 09:24 PM
01-30-2011 11:59 PM
01-31-2011 08:21 AM
- Activate the on-board bluetooth capability. Yes, it will add to battery drain, so include an easy way to toggle it on and off. Make sure it support wireless headphones, as well as bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
01-31-2011 09:13 AM
1. Delete downloaded books/material from device. Useful for trying to recover, bad or non downloaded covers/material from purchases. Rather than all or nothing approach from customer service. (This to me is a must)
2. Password specific shelves..
3. Hide shelves. (Archive exspecially)
4. File options (delete/rename/move) for things placed on NookColor from user/pc.
I have a Nook (G3) as well the latest firmware is/was a great advance. Porting most of those options to the color would really be a great start.
01-31-2011 09:16 AM - edited 01-31-2011 09:18 AM
It would be nice if it showed books that haven't been "shelved" yet so you know which books still need to be put on shelves. If I remember correctly the classic nook has this and it really helped me keep my shelves organized.
Great Idea. This would also be great to apply to the noncolor Nook.
01-31-2011 10:54 AM
You can - see page 29 in the UG!
As you are reading, hit the bottom of the screen to open the blue menu bar. Under the Text option, you have the rov of A's, next row is the font selection, and the 3rd row lets you select the background. Night is the (almost) black one. THis only works if Publisher Defaults is OFF.
01-31-2011 03:01 PM
First of all, let me say that I very appreciative of the improvements done with 1.1 I appreciate Barnes and Nobles engineers working hard to improve the Nook Color with upgrades.
I would be thrilled to have these improvements:
- Ability to delete books, magazines, newspapers,.. from the Nook Color itself (instead of having to go to BN.com)
- Ability to password protect individual books, or an individual shelf
- Music: a band equalizer (I don't hear any bass/midtones at all with my high def ear buds)
Yahoo email ap
Note pad ap
- PDF: book mark,highlight, note taking
01-31-2011 08:02 PM
Easily done now! In your book, tap the middle of the screen and select Text. Under the box that shows your font, (yours probably says Normal) select Night. Voila!
01-31-2011 09:25 PM
- Improved media player with playlists and podcast support
- photo gallery that doesn't show all book covers mixed in with my photos
- multi-word selection lookup in wikpedia and/or google.
- generic POP3 email client app
- Stock ticker app
- facebook app
- linkedin app
- Google apps
- note pad
02-01-2011 10:03 PM
Please, please, PLEASE get the last page read sync to work from nookcolor to classic nook and vice-versa!!!
Everything else would be nice, too, but this has been seriously annoying me lately!!
My classic nook works perfectly with my pc and android phone app, but the nookcolor won't sync with anything--and I can't remember what page I left off... especially when I'm reading 3 or 4 books at a time!
02-02-2011 12:38 PM
I'll repost my suggestions from before along with some new thoughts--
1. More gmail app compatibility/access-- docs/calendar/etc. While a separate app/doc/text file/notepad calendar would be nice and useful when wifi's not available and not really a redundancy so much as a useful backup, I already use gmail's features so I can access from anywhere in the cloud. It would be nice to continue to use these, even on my nook.
2. PDB files, PDB files, PDB files.
3. ADE should come loaded standard on new nook colors (and regular nooks).
3. Not so much a firmware upgrade as a user manual and information sharing issue-- better instructions on how users can sideload the Adobe User Editions (and other sideloaded apps) to borrow books from public libraries, etc. If we borrow the book and like it, we're more likely to buy it from bn.com and not from google books if bn.com is free with the information and doesn't make it a secret readers have to root out. Same thing with better instructions about how to export your notes/highlights of books that you've read.
02-02-2011 02:29 PM
02-02-2011 02:41 PM - edited 02-02-2011 02:42 PM
I only need six things to be completely happy with my NC (of course, additional functionality is always welcome ). The first four of these are currently available on my e-Ink NOOK:
- PDB support
- Use the same wishlist as my B&N account and NOOK Classic.
- Section for "Unshelved" ebooks in My Shelves.
- Teh ability to delete sideloaded books directly from the NOOKcolor.
- The ability to put sideloaded ebooks on my home screen.
- Better PDF support.
02-02-2011 06:04 PM
I may sound childish but I want angry birds and solitary. I love apps. apps and more apps. Calculator, calendar and did I mention apps.
02-02-2011 06:33 PM
While access to the android would be nice,I could live with a few more games like solitary and backgammon,netflix,an app accessible from the home screen that shows battery life left,a calender,flash support which I know is coming.
I should add that I have no interest in rooting my NC.On the other hand,it is difficult to see the ongoing parade of folks that have unlocked the potential of the nook color without feeling a little envy.An official word from BN even hinting about what might be coming in future updates and timing would go a long way towards making folks feel a lot better about waiting.
02-03-2011 09:01 AM
Thus far the only complaints with my Nook Color are:
- Flash Support - Really? That needs to be in the update.
- Java Support
- Apps? I would love to see a few apps available the main ones being Cozi ( a calendar app that allows cross platform updating via cell phone, computer, or any internet connected device. The app is nice because I don't have to be online to access my calendar. Check it out at www.cozi.com
- Dropbox! Dropbox! Dropbox! This app allows full access to any file, anytime, anywhere on and internet connected device! www.dropbox.com
- Live links in Magazines and Newspapers!!!! That would be awesome! Easy fix.
- USER ACCOUNTS - so that I can log into "my account" and have my ebook settings already set. My wife and I share a nook color and her book settings are far different then mine.
- Access to the browser bar at anytime without having to scroll all the way to the top of a darn webpage to go to another.
That is all.
.....oh wait. I would love some widgets too! Like weather and all.