Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
bluRB
0 Kudos

Re: If you LOVE your Nookcolor -- VOTE FOR IT ----

Voted in both categories.

Inspired Correspondent
RodneyJT
0 Kudos

Voted in both.

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

Clear your cookies to vote again!

Lets close the gap between kindle and Nookcolor gap is still 1000 for best ereader

36 Voted,  Need 64 more!

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

Voting Closed...

Nookcolor was so close to beating out Samsung!  That would have been a huge success for Nookcolor.  Why?  Because Samsung is claiming that the Tab sold 2 million units in the 4th quarter, but owners have been returning them at a very high 16% rate and owner satisfaction is very bad. 

I don't know what happened in the end,  our Nookcolor effort was outclassed, NC was running a consistent 1K votes behind Kindle, how the Kindle surge showed up at the end, my guess Kindle had forums driving votes too.

Thanks to all who voted, we have a great little ereader, and thanks to the NC we have a nice community here at B&N bookclubs

best wishes to all of you

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

I voted for it and I do not have one. How can they even compare it to K3. K3 is not even near the same category.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Inspired Contributor
MiloSW
0 Kudos

The voting was not closed.According to the website you have until Monday February 20th, 11:59PM EDT 

I just casted my vote.

Frequent Contributor
Origamist
0 Kudos

You are right :smileyhappy:  It is still accepting votes, so everybody get back there!

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I voted.  Couldn't find an option for 'IT', so I just voted for the nook.

Hope that helps.  :smileytongue:

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

The current standings...

Help save the world from inferior products, no one should suffer, all should have a Nookcolor!

Your vote will help the world know NOOKCOLORS are Superior therefore all should own one.

(:smileytongue::smileytongue::smileytongue:)

We now need a few hundred voters, if we can't get a few hundred voters, then each voter needs to vote a few hundred times........

Inspired Correspondent
Science_man
0 Kudos

I voted as well.   It'd be awesome if the Nook Color beat the Kindle!!! 

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

I don't twitter, but to help get this vote going viral, I created a twitter acct, and tweeted...

Rally point for Nookcolor engadget vote on Twitter is here:

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

Vote for 2010 Engadget of year Awards. here

SURPRISE!  Nookcolor passed Samsung Galaxy Tab    1562 to 955

Still behind Kindles , 1551 to 1898, however this is an improvement, this morning NC was 1500 votes behind..

So get out there and vote, and then vote again...

Distinguished Correspondent
k2nax
0 Kudos

Voted...now only 7.6% behind the "Evil Empire"

It is better to have loved your nook and lost,
than never to have loved your nook at all.
Contributor
TrixieCH
0 Kudos

VOTED!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

I voted in different spots!!!

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Contributor
vagabondFL
0 Kudos

I voted in 2 places.  I LOVE my Nookcolor.

Wordsmith
Sardonicus
0 Kudos

yocalif wrote:

Vote for 2010 Engadget of year Awards. here

SURPRISE!  Nookcolor passed Samsung Galaxy Tab    1562 to 955

Still behind Kindle . . .

Curious . . . . . . . .

I wonder what determines products' order of listing on the ballot.  It sure isn't alphabetical order.:smileyindifferent:

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

Moving on UP!

Thats right, Nookcolor is only 200 votes from catching Iphone for top gadget and 4th place.

We can get there people, who would believe out voting the Iphone....

Nookcolor is now only about 800 votes from catching Kindle for best ereader...  Early yesterday Nookcolor was 1500 votes short of Kindle..  That is a huge improvement, and I know we can close the gap!

On the WSJ blog, there was a poll about where members were getting their books... Guess what Nookcolor was outpacing Kindle books...

Vote NOOKCOLOR LOVERS !!!!

Vote for the 2010 Engadget Awards   here:

Contributor
Epilogue
0 Kudos

I voted!

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. ~P.J. O'Rourke
Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thursday 8:30am PST  UPDATE

Vote for the 2010 Engadget Awards : here

During the night Nookcolor slipped behind Iphone another 200 votes so now 400 behind Iphone.

Also Kindle had a big surge last night and moved from only 800 votes ahead of Nookcolor to 1300 votes ahead.

Vote Nookcoor fans, Kindle owners are voting we have to vote, vote again, then vote again.

*clear your cookies to vote.  If you don't have CCleaner download here: excellent for cleaning browser cookies/history, etc.

(Note, I am not affiliated in any way with CCleaner or the company Piriform, my recommendation is based on 5 years of use on 3 desktop, 3 laptop PCs using XP,Vista, Win7, and never had a problem)