Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Roxie224
0 Kudos

Im thinking of getting a NC and wondered if I could move the books from my N1E to the NC ?

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Re: Im thinking of getting a NC and wondered if I could move the books from my N1E to the NC ?

Yes.  If they're brom B&N, they're stored in their cloud, and they should just load onto you NC.  If they're sideloaded, you would just repeat the process & sideload them one the NC.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Re: Im thinking of getting a NC and wondered if I could move the books from my N1E to the NC ?

[ Edited ]

I had no problem with book transfers from N1E to NC (with one tiny exception).

B&N books automatically show up in the NC library once you've registered your new device with B&N.  Only the most recent five or six will be fully downloaded onto the device however.  All older titles appear with a "download" banner on the bottom of the cover icon and won't be fully downloaded until you initiate an individual book download by tapping on the cover.   Even archived book covers appear on a special "archived" shelf in the NC library.

My many sideloaded titles transferred easily, too, using ADE.  ADE recognized my new NOOK device and asked me if I wanted to register it.  Easy to do with one click.  After that, I simply dragged each title from my ADE library onto the NOOK (NC) icon.  I think the Calibre process, with a transfer ALL option(?), is even simpler.

Here's the tiny exception to book transfers from N1E to NC:  PDB titles are not recognized by the NC.  I had only three titles on my N1E which were PDB format, so this was not a big deal for me.   Since B&N  originally sold both PDB and ePUB formats for N1E, you may find some older purchases which will not transfer to your NC.  It might be possible to archive a PDB title purchased from B&N and redownload it as ePUB???  (MY PDB's were from Fictionwise--a B&N company :smileyvery-happy:--and so I was out of luck.)