Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
wigglesgiggles
0 Kudos

Just received this email......

[ Edited ]

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Re: Just received this email......

Really? Must have been in ghost ink :smileywink:

Contributor
wigglesgiggles
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
dparrothead1

:smileyvery-happy:

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Somehow OP posted from a non lithium friendly ie9....

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Don't toy with us...What does it say?? Is it about the update?? WHAT?? I can't stand it!! I have to know!!! Tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol:smileytongue:

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Contributor
momrocks5
0 Kudos

The suspense is killing me…

Distinguished Correspondent
Nookycooky

The same thing is in my wallet!:smileyvery-happy:

All charged up and ready to go...my Nook's are too....
Contributor
wigglesgiggles

Darn IE9......

Ok lets try this again:

BARNES & NOBLE
 BOOKS| TEXTBOOKS| NOOK Books| NOOK| DVDs| MUSIC| KIDS| HOME & GIFT| GIFT CARDS| STORE LOCATOR

Special Announcement – Major Update for Pandigital Novel Users

Barnes & Noble and Pandigital are proud to announce the addition of ANDROID ™ Media Tablet Functionality to the Pandigital Novel family of Color Multimedia eReaders.

With this update you will retain all of the current functionality of your Pandigital Novel while enjoying a number of new performance and feature enhancements.

In addition to the new and improved User Interface, you'll be able to enjoy these powerful features:

An intuitive eReader application with instant access to premium books, magazines and newspapers.
Easy access to additional ANDROID™ Apps.
Increased productivity with Office Suite reader and the ability to open documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more.

To learn more about this software update, please Click here

Note: This update is also for owners of the "Pandigital Multimedia Novel 7" ANDROID™ Multimedia Tablet & Color eReader. While you will not see any changes to your home screen or interface, you will enjoy increased responsiveness and performance.

Contributor
wigglesgiggles
0 Kudos

Why does Pandigital get the update first?

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

wigglesgiggles wrote:

That email looks like the Pandigital is being updated to basically do what the NOOKcolor does now.  There was no mention of an OS upgrade, apps, or app market.  It doesn't look like they're getting the same update at all.

Chubby8055
0 Kudos

Wait! B&N sells Pandigital?

Nallia
0 Kudos

Chubby8055 wrote:

Wait! B&N sells Pandigital?

No.  The Pandigital is partnered with B&N for the ebookstore.  So I guess the software is powered by B&N.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Ummm...this is only regarding the pandigital ereader. It has nothing to do with the NC updates :smileysurprised:

Chubby8055
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is a positive sign that the licensing problems seem to have been all settled now. Guessing this is great news for us NC'ites. I expect our update this thur/fri.
Chubbs

Correspondent
Ace7
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

That email looks like the Pandigital is being updated to basically do what the NOOKcolor does now.  There was no mention of an OS upgrade, apps, or app market.  It doesn't look like they're getting the same update at all.

• Easy access to additional ANDROID™ Apps.

Facebook.com/CustomizingYourNookColor
Nallia
0 Kudos

Ace7 wrote:

Nallia wrote:

• Easy access to additional ANDROID™ Apps.

LMAO!  Don't know how I missed that.  I guess I was looking for reference to the app market itself.

Wordsmith
Serendip

wigglesgiggles wrote:

Maybe they bought them on HSN?!!??! :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
dparrothead1
0 Kudos

Serendip wrote:

wigglesgiggles wrote:

Maybe they bought them on HSN?!!??! :smileyvery-happy:

Now, that's funny!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Correspondent
musicmama2010
0 Kudos

This message makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.  Why, you ask? (long story coming up)  -----  Because, if I hadn't bought (and returned) a Pandigital Novel, I'd never have gotten a Nook Color.  But now the Pandigital Novel is getting upgraded first.     :smileymad:

Way back in the summer/fall, before the NC was released, QVC sold the PDNovel as a Today's Special Value for about what I was willing to pay for a tablet.  It came.  I tried using it.  I hated the slow response, the slow browsing, the resistive screen (although I was used to a PDA), the  ... well, the list was pretty long.  However, an update came out within my 30-day return period that I hoped would make things better.  It didn't.  I tried solutions on various message boards, and they also didn't improve things.  E-reading was not great, my PDN came with the Kobo reader installed but I installed the Nook reader that I was used to on my phone.  It was OK, but the phone was better.  I tried a couple of games, but they too were better on the phone.   So why pay for a tablet when the phone will suffice?

So, back to QVC it went.  And I waited for a better tablet.  Along came the Nook Color.  I went into Barnes & Noble countless times trying to see how it worked and started checking the message boards.  The B&N guy told me how awesome it was, and that an upgrade would be coming in the New Year that would support Flash and provide an app store - in other words, make it a full Android tablet.  Finally cashed in some B&N cards and made my hubby cough up the rest for Christmas.  Love this thing, except for some hardware issues that had me going through 3 of them in the first 10 days!!

But the Novel is getting upgraded first.  Granted, the website and the new User Manual don't say that it's getting Android 2.2, but the listed improvements sure seem like it.  And now there's a little tiny voice in my head saying "See, if you had just stuck it out..."  

Why, Barnes & Noble, why did you pick them first?