Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Prewittboy
0 Kudos

KOBO Customer Service

I recieved a Kobo eReader as a gift and a week ago the e-ink screen went nuts. So i contacted the Kobo customer service via email explaining the problem, and the responded within 3 minutes of the original email. The needed info on where to send a shipping kit so i can return the defective eReader and get it replaced with a new one. I have aleready got a confirmation number for the kit that is being shipped. Even though that the Borders stores in the region i live in are closing down  and borders themseves. Their costomer service is still spot on and are willng to help in evreyway possible. they even told me i can return the ereader to one of their storeds and get a new one, but the one nearest me is already been closed. Now if every eReader customer service would be like Kobo all would be good! I als havt the nook classic and the nookcolor. Had the classic for a week and the thing just shut down and would respond to anything so i called up B&N amd they told me to bring to the nearest B&N and they would replace it. Why wont all other follow suit? This is How you keep customers happy and coming back... Good Service, Prompt reponses, and great products is what its all about! Keep it Up !!

Inspired Contributor
benjaminhuff
0 Kudos

Re: KOBO Customer Service

This is a defective new product? You will need it replaced, not parts. Good luck!

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just knew Kobo had a customer out there somewhere.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Correspondent
Prewittboy
0 Kudos

I use the NC, the Kobo is for the kid.... hes destructive lmao

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Prewittboy wrote:

I use the NC, the Kobo is for the kid.... hes destructive lmao

Oh yea, I've got one of those here too. He must go through a cell phone a month. Glad I don't pay his bills anymore (much)!!!!

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Correspondent
Prewittboy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I came across this on the Kobo site checking the staus of the rma for the kobo ereader i am having fixed....

Kobo Closes $50 Million Funding Round [WSJ]

Canadian e-reading service provider Kobo Inc said on Tuesday it closed a C$50 million ($53 million USD) investment round aimed at speeding up expansion and new product development. …"Kobo will use the new funding to continue its explosive growth internationally," Greg Twinney, Kobo's chief financial officer, said in a statement. Kobo has made no secret of its plans to become a top-three player in the digital book market and its eReading app comes preloaded on Research in Motion's BlackBerry PlayBook and on Samsung's Galaxy Tab. 

Kobo Closes $50 Million Funding Round [WSJ]

Canadian e-reading service provider Kobo Inc said on Tuesday it closed a C$50 million ($53 million USD) investment round aimed at speeding up expansion and new product development. …"Kobo will use the new funding to continue its explosive growth internationally," Greg Twinney, Kobo's chief financial officer, said in a statement. Kobo has made no secret of its plans to become a top-three player in the digital book market and its eReading app comes preloaded on Research in Motion's BlackBerry PlayBook and on Samsung's Galaxy Tab.