Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
deekeath
0 Kudos

Lend/Borrow Nook Color

My friend and I both have NC.  She is trying to lend me a book, Hunger Games.  She said it now shows it as "Lent" on her Nook after she sent it to me and that I should be able to just accept it.  However, I cannot find anything on my nook, or on the B&N website, to accept a loan.  What am I doing wrong?  (Something simple, no doubt)  lol

Distinguished Correspondent
spinndiva

Re: Lend/Borrow Nook Color

[ Edited ]

You should get an email, telling you that your friend is lending you the book. (it should have"[name of friend] is lending you a nookbook" in the subject line)

On the bottom of that email it says "accept", or "View my offer" (depending if you have "display images enabled or not)

Click on that and you're done! :smileyhappy:

THe book should then show up automatically in your library the next time you refresh it with a little number in one corner, telling you the remaining days until it defaults back to your friend. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps!

Wordsmith
Sardonicus

deekeath wrote:

My friend and I both have NC.  She is trying to lend me a book, Hunger Games.  She said it now shows it as "Lent" on her Nook after she sent it to me and that I should be able to just accept it.  However, I cannot find anything on my nook, or on the B&N website, to accept a loan.  What am I doing wrong?  (Something simple, no doubt)  lol

I suggest having your friend ensure that she entered your email address correctly.

We experienced the same thing when a friend unregistered and re-registered his Nook and then erred in adding my address.

If  that's the case, a call to Customer Service should clear it up.  (It did for us, anyway.)

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Wordsmith
jeanniepep

I don't have a ton of experience with this, but I would also check your Spam Folder to see if the email went there. It would have shown up as a generic BN address, not your friend, so depending on your email security it might recognize it as spam.

Contributor
deekeath
0 Kudos

I will check with her to be sure she entered my email address correctly.  I  haven't gotten an email or any notifications in my library, etc.  Thanks so much for your quick replies!