Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
dmk36
0 Kudos

Lendme Application

Hi All - my friends and I are trying to use the new "friends" application since the update.  We have used the Lendme option in the past, but now we continue to send a "friends" request to each other and get nothing.  There was a "refresh" button in the past on the lendme screen, but that is now gone.  Any help would be appreciated - we like to borrow and lend books to eachother.  Thanks in advance for any help.  ~dmk

Frequent Contributor
KibblesNbits
0 Kudos

Re: Lendme Application

I can't use it either..... a lot of people are having this issue and I've yet to see a solution by BN or other users. It stinks as that was one of the reasons I made the purchase.
Kibbles
Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

It is hit & miss for me. I get some invites, and some I send go through. I am sure they will work the bugs out. If anyone does not have me added to their list and would like to...just pm me with your address and we will try to add.

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Frequent Contributor
Lblaze
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same issue... I hope it gets resolved soon. And anyone that wants to be NookFriends, PM me  :smileyhappy:

Reader
dmk36
0 Kudos

Thank you all who responded - I'm sorry there are many of us with the same issue - I would really like it to work.  Hopefully support will resolve this soon.  The lendme option was a very nice option to use - my friends and I enjoyed sharing lendable books.