Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236

Let's See 'Em!

[ Edited ]

I got my Oberon Paisley cover in green today, yay!!!  I'm so excited.  It's beautiful!

For your viewing pleasure :smileywink: :

Let's see yours!

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Re: Let's See 'Em!

Oh that is a beauty!!  Is that an Oberon?  I want one so bad!

Nallia
0 Kudos

It is.  :smileyhappy:  I could never bring myself to splurge on one all last year after buying my NOOK, but finally broke down and ordered one!  I'm sooo happy I did.  It took me over three days to decide on one, though.  I was torn between Paisley, Butterfly, and Hummingbird.  Unfortunately, perhaps, I think I've given myself a new addiction.  I may just have to order the other two at some point.  :smileywink:

Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

thanks for showing that cover. I have been looking at those too but was not sure if it was worth the money or not.....now I know and will order one. :smileyhappy:

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

I want the Hokusai Wave in sky blue!  But I've already got my husband financing a trip to Disney World next month, so I might be smart to wait a few more paychecks before begging for fancy covers (especially since the $30 one I got from BN is all torn up and stained already, I'm not careful).

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Can I ask how long it took to ship?  On the off chance that I could talk my hubby into it before the trip...

Nallia
0 Kudos

Oberon covers usually have a 2-3 day production turnaround and tend to arrive within a week of order placement, but I ordered mine while they were closed for their annual holiday vacation.  They returned on the 10th and have been working overtime and Saturdays to fulfill orders and get caught up.  They will be back on their usual schedule by the first week of February.

We're going to Disney World next month too!  We have a lot of family in FL and will be taking my son for his 5th birthday.  We're leaving the 15th and will be in FL for two weeks.  :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh, we're arriving on the 13th, staying on-site for a week!  It really is a small world after all! :smileytongue:

I'm trying to decide which Disney books to download and read on the trip!  I would probably rather spend $80 on that and keep my ratty cover for now.  Unless I can somehow have both...can I make this happen?  Hmmm, I'll have to be really sweet to my hubby when he gets home!

Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Here's mine!  Red Sky Dragon, and I got a matching color skin to go with it (see pics).  Oberon also always sends out a complementary pewter charm (mine is a matching dragon, which I hung on my NC with some Swarovsky crystals)

EDIT:  I tried to post my pictures but I'm doing something wrong.  Can someone help?

The road goes ever on.....
Nallia
0 Kudos

leday wrote:

Here's mine!  Red Sky Dragon, and I got a matching color skin to go with it (see pics).  Oberon also always sends out a complementary pewter charm (mine is a matching dragon, which I hung on my NC with some Swarovsky crystals)

EDIT:  I tried to post my pictures but I'm doing something wrong.  Can someone help?

To post pics you have to upload them to a photo hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket.  Then you copy the picture URL (Direct link in Photobucket), click the add image button on the reply window menu bar (square pic of a tree), and paste the link.  It will add the picture.

Don't be shy, everyone!  You don't have to have an Oberon cover to post--let's see all the awesome outfits our NOOKcolors are wearing!  :smileywink:

Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

leday wrote:

To post pics you have to upload them to a photo hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket.  Then you copy the picture URL (Direct link in Photobucket), click the add image button on the reply window menu bar (square pic of a tree), and paste the link.  It will add the picture.

Don't be shy, everyone!  You don't have to have an Oberon cover to post--let's see all the awesome outfits our NOOKcolors are wearing!  :smileywink:

I tried that.  I uploaded the pics to photobucket, but when I pasted the link as above, still nothing shows up.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Nallia
0 Kudos

Hmm...

Did you copy one of the links with image tags like [ IMG], or < a href=..., or copy the email and IM link instead of the direct link?  I've done that before when not paying close enough attention and then not had my pictures show up.  :smileyhappy:

You can also just copy and paste the link without using the image button.  People will have to click on the link to view it, but it will work.

Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nallia wrote:

Hmm...

Did you copy one of the links with image tags like [ IMG], or < a href=..., or copy the email and IM link instead of the direct link?  I've done that before when not paying close enough attention and then not had my pictures show up.  :smileyhappy:

You can also just copy and paste the link without using the image button.  People will have to click on the link to view it, but it will work.

I copied the http:// link directly from my web browser address bar.  Nada.  I'll suppose I'll have to put the links into the text box instead like you said.  (wish I could just upload the pictures) .

EDIT:  tried it again below.

Inspired Correspondent
leday

Trying this again:

Red Sky Dragon, with pewter dragon charm that I got from Oberon and hung with Swarovski crystals.

Inside with pockets (I keep my microfiber cloth and Square Trade warranty info here) and skin on the NC.

Closeup of dragon charm.

Wow...this time it worked!!!

Frequent Contributor
Mela08
0 Kudos

Those covers are beautiful!  On another note, I'm going to Disney World next month too!  We're leaving on the 19th.  No wonder air travel was expensive.  Here we were thinking that we were choosing an off-peak time. :smileyhappy:

Nallia
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ

Here's mine!  The beautiful vibrant green Wren cover with the famous quote:

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Sardonic
0 Kudos

We went to Disney World last spring.  My wife bought the Hidden Magic of Disney World by Susan Veness and took her Nook to the park.  It helped pass the time in line...and we just had Nooks...and it can get dark in those lines; the NookColor should work fantastic inside while in line...

I tried to see how much the book cost, but it just shows "Purchased" (which is good, I'd hate to buy the same book twice!)

By the way; she still has a Nook...I've got the NookColor..She's got an iPhone...but I like the NookColor better...

dgiznya
0 Kudos

Leday

Wild cover.

I like it!

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Frequent Contributor
Origamist
0 Kudos

I love both of your Oberon covers!  I really would love one, but a little too pricey for me right now.  But I definitely added it to my wishlist for the next holiday season!