Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Re: Let's See 'Em!

I made a bunch of fabric sleeves but so far nobody has purchased one. :smileysad:

Oh well, they were fun to make! I hope my friends all get e-readers next Christmas so I can give them some kicky sleeves for storage!

I ordered my skin from SkinIt.com, they have a lot of options including uploading your own photos and making your own design! But so far they're taking forever to make and ship, and I did not do a custom one so I'm not that impressed yet. Oberon already shipped, so where's my effin skin, dude? I am going to go on a SkinIt board and start telling everyone they suck because I don't have one. :smileyvery-happy:

Correspondent
vvlovesu
0 Kudos

I've been looking at their covers (actually I have the one I want already picked out :smileywink:). When you get yours please upload some pictures of it and tell me how you likes it. :smileyhappy:

Reading isn't a "hobby". It's a lifestyle.
Distinguished Correspondent
spinndiva
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My cover is supposed to come today! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Still waiting for the UPS-Delivery person....Thankfully I have a book to read while I wait :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
postalchick
0 Kudos

Nice!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

spinndiva
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Aaawww @Nilla: Thank you for being excited for me! :smileyhappy:

I was killing time by sorting out my yarn-stash drawer, when UPS rang!
MY COVER CAME!!!

I was so excited I didn't even put the drawer away!

I have to tell you all. I fell in love with the Oberon covers the minute I saw them (back when I was looking for a journal) But the journals were a bit pricy, or so I thought.

Now for my Nook baby I thought it was ok to splurge..

Placed the order and waited.. Of course I had doubts the minute I placed the order.

$80! What if I don't like it???

Let me tell you: It was aboslutely and utterly unfounded!

They are even more amazing in person then on the website!!!

And look what a pleasant surprise greeted me when I opened the box:

They put one of their little charms on top with a card thanking me for my purchase! What a sweet gesture!

And here it is now: MY COVER and NC home from here on out:

Sorry for the less then stellar pictures, but it was a very spur of the moment foto shoot on my "leftover" yarn drawer :smileyhappy:

So let me conclude bu telling you: I will be back to Oberon to by myself a journal! I find the product absolutely worth the money you spend and am so glad I went and got this cover for my nook color.

YAYYY! :smileyhappy:

*Snoopy dance*

Nallia
0 Kudos

AAHHHH!  You got the black one!  I want that one sooo bad!  Gorgeous!

I...must...not...visit...the...Oberon...site...tonight...

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

That's BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!

I suspect the snowpacalypse will delay my shipment by a few days :smileysad:

spinndiva
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you guys!
I'm so happy to have it here!

Crossing my fingers for you, Jeanniepep! Darn you snow!*shakes fist at snowpocalypse!*

LOL @Nallia! I feel the same way! I want to run and get the journal NOW! But alas I have to wait for my budget to replenish :smileyhappy:

Maybe we can hold our selves over with some chocolate? I have Godiva! I share! :smileywink:

Nallia
0 Kudos
Hermes737
0 Kudos

jeanniepep wrote:

That's BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!

I suspect the snowpacalypse will delay my shipment by a few days :smileysad:

I am at ground zero of SNOW-MA-GEDDON! You?

CURRENTLY READING - Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert
spinndiva
0 Kudos

jeanniepep wrote:

I made a bunch of fabric sleeves but so far nobody has purchased one. :smileysad:

Oh well, they were fun to make! I hope my friends all get e-readers next Christmas so I can give them some kicky sleeves for storage!

I just now saw this... Give me a link to your site and I will see if any of the peeps I know want one! :smileyhappy:

DM me.. we can set up a "show and tell" on my blog too if you like . Maybe it will help get the word out....

Inspired Contributor
Tephie
0 Kudos

spinndiva wrote:

jeanniepep wrote:

I just now saw this... Give me a link to your site and I will see if any of the peeps I know want one! :smileyhappy:

DM me.. we can set up a "show and tell" on my blog too if you like . Maybe it will help get the word out....

I would also like to see your fabric ones!

Contributor
DylanandChanceMom
0 Kudos

I found the Vera Bradley sleeve and It fits the Nook by itself but with the standard cover from B and N it didn't fit. 

Inspired Contributor
Tephie
0 Kudos

DylanandChanceMom wrote:

I found the Vera Bradley sleeve and It fits the Nook by itself but with the standard cover from B and N it didn't fit. 

So just so I am reading this right on Vera Bradley sleeve you couldn't put your nook in it if your nook was already in a case from B&N?  Just want to clarify as this was what I was planning on doing.  I know I don't need double protection just would like it at certain times.

Nallia
0 Kudos
Inspired Correspondent
NikiGunn
0 Kudos

Zxybabydoll wrote:
Nikkigunn, I can't wait to see those charms, Please share... Please...???

spinndiva wrote:

I have to see the charms when they are done!

As requested, and since I didn't want to go out and shovel Snowmageddon from my driveway, here is what I did to the charms Oberon sent with my covers. My problem now is staying off Oberon's site and ordering more charms! And, off The Ring Lord's site getting more rings. I love making them, but more charms on this thing would be excessive.

You can see the different color rings better in the second photo, but the whole of the charms in the first one. The one on the left is a combination of niobium and sterling silver. The one on the right is anodized peacock blue niobium and sterling.

I added three chains in solid colors so you could see all of the colors used better, but the niobium just doesn't look as good in photos as it does in real life. The colors on the anodized niobium shift as the light hits it. It can be purples, blues, or even show a hint of pink in the right light. I like the unanodized niobium mixed with sterling (left charm) more but they both look really nice. They are attached to the NookColor with custom made elastic and finding, like a cell phone cord strap. I used the elastic because I didn't want the metal scratching the NC casing.

Inspired Contributor
Zxybabydoll
0 Kudos

Hey there everyone, Does ANYONE have the Butterfly Oberon Cover?? I love the look of it but I am curious what it looks like for real...???
Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

I'm getting the Hokusai Wave in sky blue, I can't wait! I hope it'll be more durable than my BN canvas cover, that is really beat up after just 2 months (there's no doubt it'll be more attractive). I also realized after strapping my NC into the hot pink cover, that it perfectly matched my hot pink neoprene MacBook sleeve, and my hot pink Nintendo DS cover, and my hot pink pocket camera. That was NOT PLANNED! I'm in a rut, I need another color!

Here's the link to the sleeves in my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeansaddiction?section_id=7719945

I'm going to try and embed a couple of pics, but I'm not good at this so bear with me...

Nallia
0 Kudos

Zxybabydoll wrote:
Hey there everyone, Does ANYONE have the Butterfly Oberon Cover?? I love the look of it but I am curious what it looks like for real...???

I don't, but I think I am going to order one in wine (and the Wild Rose in black) as soon as I can!.