Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
chellenj
0 Kudos

Re: Let's See 'Em!

Wow...now I really want an Oberon cover.  I've been eyeing the Hollyhock, the hummingbird, and the peacock covers.  I wish they weren't so expensive...

Distinguished Correspondent
spinndiva
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

OMG!! I love those charms you made!!! I might use mine on the nook as well, but won't have anywhere near such a pretty chain for it (I will have to be happy with some of my handspun yarn)

@ Jeanniepep

Those covers are cute! I will share the link and hope some sales come in!

The wave cover! YAYYY! It is a very pretty one! My DD liked that one as well!

Cant wait to see it.

Inspired Correspondent
NikiGunn
0 Kudos

spinndiva wrote:

OMG!! I love those charms you made!!! I might use mine on the nook as well, but won't have anywhere near such a pretty chain for it (I will have to be happy with some of my handspun yarn)

Thank you. Byzantine is a very easy weave and I happened to have the rings in my stash. All you need to make them are two pairs of pliers and the rings. For awhile, it seemed like everyone in my family and at work wanted bracelets in this weave, even my mom's boyfriend who doesn't wear jewelry. I still haven't made one for me, but now I think I want one in the plain niobium and sterling mix like I made for one of the charms. If I'd been really ambitious, I would have made one with a seed bead strap instead of both in maille, but those take longer.

Interesting things can be done with yarn, too. You'll have to let us see if you decide to make them into something for the NC.

spinndiva
0 Kudos

NikiGunn wrote:

Thank you. Byzantine is a very easy weave and I happened to have the rings in my stash. All you need to make them are two pairs of pliers and the rings. For awhile, it seemed like everyone in my family and at work wanted bracelets in this weave, even my mom's boyfriend who doesn't wear jewelry. I still haven't made one for me, but now I think I want one in the plain niobium and sterling mix like I made for one of the charms. If I'd been really ambitious, I would have made one with a seed bead strap instead of both in maille, but those take longer.

Interesting things can be done with yarn, too. You'll have to let us see if you decide to make them into something for the NC.

Oh tempt me not to pick up another hobby! LOL :smileywink:

You understand, we have to see the bracelet when it's done, right?

Contributor
DylanandChanceMom
0 Kudos

Sorry about the confusion.  I was thinking faster than I was typing. Bt that's exactly what I'm saying.

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Thanks for the assist, Spindiva!

I love what everyone is doing with the charms too. I was just lying in bed wondering what I have in my stash that would make a nice addition to the Oberon charm. I'm leaning toward a braid made from thin ribbons, but we'll see how it works when it gets here!

Wordsmith
alliecatTX

Sorry it took me so long to get to this!  I knitted this bag for myself in the fall.  Lo and behold, my NC and glasses tuck right in as if they were made for each other - I must have had a premonition that I was getting the NC for Christmas!  Nothing but high style for my NC...

Inspired Contributor
lazisusann
0 Kudos

Beautiful! You are really talented and your NC is so lucky!
"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." ~Lucille Ball~
spinndiva
0 Kudos

It's beautiful!

As a knitter myself I can also appreciate the work that went into making this!

You rock! :smileyhappy:

New User
Gwenivere
0 Kudos

I was pondering those Oberon covers, but decided to go cheaper with this:

NookColor Cover

And inside:

Inside NookColor

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

alliecatTX wrote:

Sorry it took me so long to get to this!  I knitted this bag for myself in the fall.  Lo and behold, my NC and glasses tuck right in as if they were made for each other - I must have had a premonition that I was getting the NC for Christmas!  Nothing but high style for my NC...

I recognize that pattern!! :smileyhappy: You are a fellow KnitPicks lover, I see :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Beautiful work!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1

This is my new skin & cover for my baby.

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Frequent Contributor
crystal3
0 Kudos

I have that exact same one!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

How cool is that??? Its really pretty, isn't it? I was torn between 3 different ones. And I know I will get more (skins) in the future. I have a ton on my wish list on Amazon

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Contributor
DylanandChanceMom
0 Kudos

I got my Oberon cover yesterday.  I bought the Paisley in red.  I really like the cover but wish I would have gone with my first mind and bought the Davinci cover.

Contributor
Blusaber
0 Kudos

Hi

Do these covers have a strong leather smell? I would be interested in one for my wife but she Hates the smell of leather

Thanks

Gary

Contributor
qbaby
0 Kudos

Wow!  I really didn't realize how much information is out there for NC, especially here!  This is only my second post, but I will definitely be poking around and getting involved :smileyhappy:

All of your covers are gorgeous, and I'm so impressed with the handmade ones!  Oh to have such a talent...Well done!

I got my NC for Christmas, and looked at covers but I didn't really think it would be worth the money.  However, after reading here and seeing the pics, I've decided I have to have one now :smileyhappy:  This is the first I've seen of the Oberon thingies (oops-can't remember the name lol!) but I can't imagine spending $70!  I was holding off because I didn't want to spend $30 - boy I'm a cheapskate :womantongue:  In any case, I found some on Ebay that I like a lot.  I think they are the same as one I saw pictured here, with the matching skin.

Enough rambling...just wanted to say hi and great outfits on all of your NC!

QT

If it has words, I will read it
Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

Blusaber wrote:

Hi

Do these covers have a strong leather smell? I would be interested in one for my wife but she Hates the smell of leather

Thanks

Gary

Mine doesn't smell strongly of leather, but I guess that could be subjective....a nice leather smell doesn't bother me. If I put my nose right to it and sniff, it does smell like leather though.

Reader
MissyB72
0 Kudos

I bought my cover off Ebay for $15.99. I really like how it holds the NC in so I don't have to worry about it slipping out.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

@MissyB72

Oh, I like that cover. I like how the fastener is on the other side of it rather than on the same side as the nook so you have to tuck it under.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!