Contributor
DylanandChanceMom
0 Kudos

Re: Let's See 'Em!

What store sells them? How much is it?

Wordsmith
jeanniepep

LEDAY I am sooooo jealous of your cute NC setup!  The cover, the charm, the skin, everything!! I wonder how much trouble I'd be in if I just ordered all that stuff while my husband was out of town and bought him an Xbox points card to make it up to him??

Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

DylanandChanceMom wrote:

What store sells them? How much is it?

Oberondesigns.com. they custom make all kinds of covers. Well made. Very high quality, each hand made. They are pricey (@$72) but you really DO get what you pay for.
The road goes ever on.....
Distinguished Correspondent
morgman

Those Oberon covers are wicked! The last time I saw something I like that much in these forums it was a picture of angry birds on a nook (and my nook hasn't been the same since).    So... 32GB SD card, or Oberon cover! So many choices and only 4 days left till my birthday!!

Quick question, for those of you with the Oberon covers, have you ever dropped it with your nook in it?  It seems like the covers with the stretchy restraints wouldn't stop the nook from impacting the ground if it landed on any of the three sides except the bind. 

Contributor
cbranner

I think the Oberon covers are absolutely gorgeous and I'm putting away to get one. I was wondering too, how securely the straps hold the NC in. 

Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

cbranner wrote:

I think the Oberon covers are absolutely gorgeous and I'm putting away to get one. I was wondering too, how securely the straps hold the NC in. 

VERY securely.
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

They really are very secure.  My NC fits so well into it that I had a bit of a hard time getting it in there.  Watch this brief video:

http://www.oberondesign.com/Nookvid01.php

Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

'

morgman wrote:

Those Oberon covers are wicked! The last time I saw something I like that much in these forums it was a picture of angry birds on a nook (and my nook hasn't been the same since).    So... 32GB SD card, or Oberon cover! So many choices and only 4 days left till my birthday!!

Quick question, for those of you with the Oberon covers, have you ever dropped it with your nook in it?  It seems like the covers with the stretchy restraints wouldn't stop the nook from impacting the ground if it landed on any of the three sides except the bind. 

Havent dropped the NC yet but had one of thess covers on my Sony Reader and dropped that once. Straps are VERY secure and cover extends a little past edges on all sides so device is VERY well protected against shocks. Only one strap is an elastic bungee. Oberon has a video of these covers.

Frequent Contributor
Rictur

Here's my not so awesome setup right now.  My Roocase should be here tomorrow, so I'll update then.  At least you can see the skin I put on it.

front  Back

Matching Wallpaper

spinndiva
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

OMG you guys! I just went and purchased the Oberon "Wild Rose" cover in black! O.O

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can't wait for it to get here!

Thank you all so much for the tip! These covers are just beautiful and from what I read really protective too for my sweet NC.

I just love the covers you guys have too! They are so very expressive! There is really something for everybody and to express your very own personality!

ETA link

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60

Oooo a covers thread!! Yay!

rictur, I love that skin! I didn't really want to put a skin on my NC, but everytime I see that one, it almost makes me change my mind.

I have the Avenue of Trees Oberon cover in Fern...hopefully I'll get some pics to put up tonight.

Also, I hope to see more of the B&N covers too. I almost got the Industriel Easel until I saw the Oberons and lost my mind (which you kind of have to do to pay $80, even if they are worth every cent) and I have not regretted it one bit...they make the NC look and feel like an exquisitely bound leather journal :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
jeanniepep

Here are some ones that I made (they're sleeves though, not covers): http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeansaddiction?section_id=7719945

I must admit I don't use them myself, I like the "book" feel of the cover that opens rather than a sleeve. The dirty, scratched state of my pink canvas BN cover after only 6 weeks is a pretty clear indication of how much I use it!

I hadn't even customized my homepage til you guys inspired me last night! I was up til after midnight sifting through my favorite vacation pics and now it looks real fancy. I think I also figured out how I'm going to justify getting myself an Oberon AND one of those snazzy skins, I'll keep you posted on my negotiations!

Nallia
0 Kudos

spinndiva wrote:

OMG you guys! I just went and purchased the Oberon "Wild Rose" cover in black! O.O

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can't wait for it to get here!

Thank you all so much for the tip! These covers are just beautiful and from what I read really protective too for my sweet NC.

I just love the covers you guys have too! They are so very expressive! There is really something for everybody and to express your very own personality!

ETA link

AWESOME!  I still want the Butterfly in wine and the Wild Rose in black.  I might have to buy them at a later date.  I loved all three covers so much that I had the HARDEST time deciding!  I eventually chose the Paisley because it was the first one that called to me.  lol

The pictures really don't do them justice.  They are so amazingly beautiful in person.  The colors are so rich and the tooling is amazing.

Nallia
0 Kudos

Rictur wrote:

Here's my not so awesome setup right now.  My Roocase should be here tomorrow, so I'll update then.  At least you can see the skin I put on it.

front  Back

Matching Wallpaper

That is one of my favorite skins.  I always look at it and tihnk about buying it.  I haven't gotten one for my NC yet because I was waiting for my cover to come so I could match the color.  Picking a skin out is another tough choice that will probably take me days!

I can't wait to see your new cover too!

Nallia
0 Kudos

cindylee60 wrote:

Oooo a covers thread!! Yay!

rictur, I love that skin! I didn't really want to put a skin on my NC, but everytime I see that one, it almost makes me change my mind.

I have the Avenue of Trees Oberon cover in Fern...hopefully I'll get some pics to put up tonight.

Also, I hope to see more of the B&N covers too. I almost got the Industriel Easel until I saw the Oberons and lost my mind (which you kind of have to do to pay $80, even if they are worth every cent) and I have not regretted it one bit...they make the NC look and feel like an exquisitely bound leather journal :smileyhappy:

They really do.  The quality of these covers is so great that I think I'm going to order a journal from them as well.  They're supposed to be adding wallets to their product line soon.  Once they do I'll probably get one of those too!

Nallia
0 Kudos

jeanniepep wrote:

Here are some ones that I made (they're sleeves though, not covers): http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeansaddiction?section_id=7719945

I must admit I don't use them myself, I like the "book" feel of the cover that opens rather than a sleeve. The dirty, scratched state of my pink canvas BN cover after only 6 weeks is a pretty clear indication of how much I use it!

I hadn't even customized my homepage til you guys inspired me last night! I was up til after midnight sifting through my favorite vacation pics and now it looks real fancy. I think I also figured out how I'm going to justify getting myself an Oberon AND one of those snazzy skins, I'll keep you posted on my negotiations!

Those sleeves are great!  Are the big enough to fit a NOOK in a cover?  I wish I had the time to be creative like that.  I love to knit baby blankets and stuff but just don't have time these days.  :smileysad:

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Yeah, they're big enough!  All except for the monkey & palm tree one, that turned out too small for NC but it'll fit a Nook Classic or Kindle.  On all the others, NC fits perfectly (I used mine as a model) and Nook Classic or Kindle will have a little wiggle room.

Now I'm working on this project where I'm making little embroidered pictures of beach houses, at least my brain can go on vacation!  I'm unemployed & have no kids so I have nothing but time.

spinndiva
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

AWESOME!  I still want the Butterfly in wine and the Wild Rose in black.  I might have to buy them at a later date.  I loved all three covers so much that I had the HARDEST time deciding!  I eventually chose the Paisley because it was the first one that called to me.  lol

The pictures really don't do them justice.  They are so amazingly beautiful in person.  The colors are so rich and the tooling is amazing.

I had a hard time as well! I asked DH and kids to help pick one out for me.. Could not make up my mind. Now I'm totally happy with it tho and can't wait to get it in my hands!
I have a B&N canvas cover at the moment in light gray and it is all beat up already LOL (Also the inside stained from the microfiber cloth!! So guys if you put the cloth in your B&N cases ONLY do it in a plastic baggie)
Those handmade sleeves in the link are really cute too, jeanniepep! You did a great job on them!

Contributor
BikerHoney
0 Kudos

Ive never seen the Oberon covers before. Thank you for sharing. I am about to go and order the Tree Of Life in Saddle.