Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
morgman
0 Kudos

Re: Let's See 'Em!

Rictur, cool skin.  Last time I was in Los Angeles I was driving around in the mountains outside of Hollywood (trying to find my way to the sign) and passed a house whose garage door looked like your nook.  A little faded by the Sun, but was pretty funny:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1000244/IMG_0645.jpg

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

morgman wrote:

Rictur, cool skin.  Last time I was in Los Angeles I was driving around in the mountains outside of Hollywood (trying to find my way to the sign) and passed a house whose garage door looked like your nook.  A little faded by the Sun, but was pretty funny:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1000244/IMG_0645.jpg

Ha!  Found the same address! 

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5c8bdc5970c-500wi

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Frequent Contributor
cindylee60

Here's my pretty Oberon cover. Avenue of Trees in color Fern :smileyhappy:

C'mon...lets see more! Don't let all the Update threads crowd us out!

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Those are all beautful covers.  And I love the sleeves and the skins as well.  I am soooo jealous.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
morgman
0 Kudos

CindyLee60 - That's the cover I was drooling over.

I instantly added it to my Amazon Wishlist.  Missed my birthday, but father's day isn't too far away. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

morgman wrote:

CindyLee60 - That's the cover I was drooling over.

I instantly added it to my Amazon Wishlist.  Missed my birthday, but father's day isn't too far away. 

Do they sell NOOKcolor ones on Amazon?  I have seen ones for Kindle, but didn't know about NOOKcolor ones.  Of course, I'd get direct from Oberon, anyway, but just wondering.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
spinndiva
0 Kudos

cindylee60 wrote:

Here's my pretty Oberon cover. Avenue of Trees in color Fern :smileyhappy:

Ohhh! That one is so pretty too! It was one of the ones in my "WHICHONEDOiBUY???" :smileyhappy:

This thread is making me so itchy to get mine already! LOL Patience... not my strong suite LOL

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

I am busy trying to convince myself that I would be insane to buy two more Oberon covers.  But I'm not winning the argument.  Or I am.  Wait, do I win either way if I'm arguing with myself?  :smileytongue:

Contributor
DylanandChanceMom
0 Kudos

Does the Oberon cover add weight to the Nook?

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

Yes as they are a solid piece of leather.  My Nook Classic in Wild Roses (Red) Oberon cover weighs 21oz.  The cover itself weighed 9oz.  Classic w/3g weighs 12.2oz

Hermes737
0 Kudos

I know that Oberon's site says "Made to Order"...anyone think they might take a request to do one with a heraldric lion? Of course I drool over the current selection, but that would seal the deal methinks. I have a tattoo on shoulderblade that could serve as inspiration if need be. I'm thinking something like the Singing Wolf or Sky Dragon.

Heraldric Lion

CURRENTLY READING - Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238

They don't take custom orders of single items.  From their site:

Do you do custom work?

We’re sorry but we never do custom work involving one product piece or image. We’re just too busy! The rare custom work we do involves large quantities and prepayments for the tools necessary for the job at hand. If you have a project that necessitates quantities of over 50 pieces, please contact with us your information at sales@oberondesign.com and we’d be happy to send you our custom work information.

spinndiva
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hermes737 wrote:

I know that Oberon's site says "Made to Order"...anyone think they might take a request to do one with a heraldric lion? Of course I drool over the current selection, but that would seal the deal methinks. I have a tattoo on shoulderblade that could serve as inspiration if need be. I'm thinking something like the Singing Wolf or Sky Dragon.

Heraldric Lion

THAT would be so cool!!!! You just have to let me know how much they would charge for one of those custom made ones.... I might have something I would like...LOL

ETA: Oohh I just now saw the above reply.. bummer, but understandable...

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling

That's easy, just buy 50 of them.:smileyvery-happy:

Hermes737
0 Kudos

withfeeling wrote:

That's easy, just buy 50 of them.:smileyvery-happy:

So...I can put you down for 49, then?

:smileywink:

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling
0 Kudos

I already have a cover. It cost $3.21 from Amazon. Not quite as nice (classic understatement), but more in my price range.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Hermes, just get a leather cover with a plain front, and tool it yourself.  You can get all the leather embossing tools you need at Tandy Leather for under $20.  It wouldn't take more than a couple weekends of spare time to hand-tool a silhouetted lion like that, even as a beginner.  Then you'll really have something!  All those Oberon designs, as nice as they are, are just rolled on.  Every one identical to the one before.

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Hermes737
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

Hermes, just get a leather cover with a plain front, and tool it yourself.  You can get all the leather embossing tools you need at Tandy Leather for under $20.  It wouldn't take more than a couple weekends of spare time to hand-tool a silhouetted lion like that, even as a beginner.  Then you'll really have something!  All those Oberon designs, as nice as they are, are just rolled on.  Every one identical to the one before.

I like what you're thinking...I have the Industriell Easel that I could try to spruce up. It's very functional, but gets boring after a while. Maybe get the above design as some kind of applique with strong adhesive or so.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

I love your cover, charm and skin!!! I can't wait to get mine. Well I have to order it first...lol. I just have the black cover that was given to me then I got my NC. It has really helped to keep it protected though.

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
spinndiva
0 Kudos

MY OBERON COVER SHIPPED TODAY! WOOT WOOT!

Scheduled delivery date: February first! YAYYYY! :smileyvery-happy:

*Snoopy dance*