Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
spinndiva
0 Kudos

Re: Let's See 'Em!

NikiGunn wrote:

Since spinndiva and Cr8z13 were both so enthusiastic, I went right out to the living room and had a little photoshoot. I plan to turn both key charms into Nook charms like leday did, but instead of Swarovski crystals I'm going to use maille (one of my hobbies.) I'm thinking about making a sterling silver or niobium Byzantine chain with the charms on the end.

I still love the skin I've got on my Nook, Bookshelf by Colin Thompson from GelaSkins. If I get one for the NC, I think I'll get a National Geographic photo skin -- I bought the NC because of how beautiful the magazine looks on NC. (Darn display models!) If you want to see the charms after I make them I'll post a link to the pics.

Oohhh those look fantastic!!! This was one of the covers I had in my "finalists". LOL
I have to see the charms when they are done! I'm having a bit of a problem with my nook right now, but hope that it all will work itself out in the end... And I am certain when my cover arrives on Monday I will be super happy. (Going to the store tomorrow and let them have a looksie..maybe they can do something to help me out. They are always super sweet and really helpful there. Cross your fingers guys!)

taltosPT
0 Kudos

I picked up the Vasco cover when my wife took me to purchase the Nookcolor as my Christmas gift. This particular cover is not currently available but I love the magnetic closure and the two pockets. As I recall, the cover cost about $50. Sorry that I do not have a digital camera close by in order to take a picture.

Contributor
DylanandChanceMom
0 Kudos

I broke down and ordered the Plaisley cover in red.  I can't wait to get it!!!!

spinndiva
0 Kudos

DylanandChanceMom wrote:

I broke down and ordered the Plaisley cover in red.  I can't wait to get it!!!!

WOOT WOOT! :smileyhappy:

Hermes737

Nallia wrote:

jeanniepep wrote:

I ordered my Oberon and coordinating skin yesterday morning! You guys convinced me!

Welcome to the dark side.  We haz

Nallia,

Stop posting pictures of deliciously yummy yet quite evil food! First cupcakes and then the chocolate-covered bacon! Have you no decency?!?!

:smileyvery-happy:

CURRENTLY READING - Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert
Contributor
Zaihaku
0 Kudos

What! WHaaaaaat is this?

I'm jealous! :smileysad: 

waaant...

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

WOOT!!!! Oberon just sent me the "your package has shipped" email!  I can't wait!  Especially since my NC fell off the nightstand this morning - the BN canvas cover opened mid-flight and the poor Nookie fell face down on the hardwood floor!  Don't worry, she's fine...she's a trouper. I have very short nightstands.

I haven't heard from SkinIt yet about the coordinating skin...I can't wait til that arrives too. My hubby has been so sweet and accommodating about all the frivolous things I want to buy, so I ordered him a Detroit Red Wings skin for his Droid X as a surprise. When the package gets here, I'll be like "Heeeeyyy, this won't fit the Nook - maybe you can use it!"

MiniMischief
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have the Humminbird cover from Oberon.

Love it.  Worth every penny!:smileyvery-happy:

Life is too short to read bad books. . .
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236

Hermes737 wrote:

Nallia wrote:

jeanniepep wrote:

I ordered my Oberon and coordinating skin yesterday morning! You guys convinced me!

Welcome to the dark side.  We haz

Nallia,

Stop posting pictures of deliciously yummy yet quite evil food! First cupcakes and then the chocolate-covered bacon! Have you no decency?!?!

:smileyvery-happy:

Blasphemy!  Bow down in awe to the Almighty Bacon!

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

For some reason I CANNOT look at the cupcake with the orange frosting and NOT see cheezwhiz *sigh* Back to the topic, You guys are going to love those Oberon covers...but I also really liked the monogrammed one several posts back. Very nice!!
Inspired Contributor
withfeeling
0 Kudos

CHEEZWHIZ! Darn, you spoiled the whole effect of the picture for me. I used to be able to feel the calories just looking at it.:smileysad:

Nallia
0 Kudos

withfeeling wrote:

CHEEZWHIZ! Darn, you spoiled the whole effect of the picture for me. I used to be able to feel the calories just looking at it.:smileysad:

Yeah, now I see this:

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling
0 Kudos

It must be the Day Glo orange food coloring. I'd hate to see it under a black light.

Contributor
DylanandChanceMom
0 Kudos

Where do you purchase coordinating skins for the oberon covers from?

Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

There are lots of online vendors for these.  Decalgirl is one of them.  Many more can be found on ebay...search Nook Color skin.

The road goes ever on.....
Contributor
DylanandChanceMom
0 Kudos

Can the oberon case fit in the Vera Bradley case with the Nook?

Frequent Contributor
juliedanurse

[ Edited ]
Frequent Contributor
Origamist
0 Kudos

juliedanurse wrote:

I've made my own cover. Hope the photos show:smileyhappy:

Front

Interior

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliedanurse/5406443538/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliedanurse/5405838301/in/photostream/

juliedanurse -- I love your cover!  That is absolutely adorable!  Have you considered selling them on a site like zibbet.com or etsy.com?  I feel like they would go like hotcakes.  There aren't enough handmade covers in my opinion (although I still love the Oberon covers as well!)

Nallia
0 Kudos

DylanandChanceMom wrote:

Can the oberon case fit in the Vera Bradley case with the Nook?

Oberon and Vera Bradley both say they can.  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
juliedanurse
0 Kudos

Origamist wrote:

juliedanurse wrote:

I've made my own cover. Hope the photos show:smileyhappy:

Front

Interior

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliedanurse/5406443538/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliedanurse/5405838301/in/photostream/

juliedanurse -- I love your cover!  That is absolutely adorable!  Have you considered selling them on a site like zibbet.com or etsy.com?  I feel like they would go like hotcakes.  There aren't enough handmade covers in my opinion (although I still love the Oberon covers as well!)

Thank you! I really enjoy making the covers, gives me a great outlet for those creative urges :smileyhappy: