Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Lets all follow the golden rule here

May not be my place but that's never stopped me before so here goes...

I have been on a lot of forums. Started back in the BBS days.

This is one of the best forums I have had the pleasure of being a part of. I believe 1 of the reasons is the quality people this site attracts. I also like the fact that our moderators stay in the background. I have found that moderators, on avg, can do more harm than good when they get in the middle of discussions/arguments.

I think the moderators leave us alone because they are not getting slammed with complaints.

I say this because I have noticed an influx of uncalled for personnel attacks. We all agree that a % of HSN buyers will find us in the near future.  I predict some VERY annoying questions. (:smileyvery-happy:)  If people on here start jumping down peoples throats you can bet your "2nd class update status" that complaints will increase and moderators will be forced to get involved.

I for one do not want to be censored by anyone other then the person/persons I am having the discussion/argument with.

Lets all try and get along,  Agree to disagree, take a chill pill, Get over it, etc etc

Thanks for listenin

As always  JMHO

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI

Re: Lets all follow the golden rule here

Personnel attacks? Or personal attacks? I'm confused. :smileyhappy:
deemure
0 Kudos

I agree.  A lot of people on here are making assumptions about other buyers or the retailer they bought from, or the deal they did or didn't get, and so on and must remember that we all share a common purpose:  To have and to encourage good experiences with a device we tend to like.

For the record, no one is a second class NOOKcolor owner.  People deal with the retailer they are comfortable with, for their own reasons.  But new owners will have questions that are new to them.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Scribe
03FLHT2

Aww come on deemure, I like the idea of being the Red Headed StepChild.  It gives me an advantage. :mantongue:

phoneboy
0 Kudos

schatzieWI wrote:

Damn you spell check!! :smileymad: 

Which means I misspelled personal  :smileyvery-happy:

deemure
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:

schatzieWI wrote:

Damn you spell check!! :smileymad: 

Which means I misspelled personal  :smileyvery-happy:

Well depending on if the emphasis is on what or who is being attacked or who is doing the attacking and with what then either would actually work.  For instance, if BN employees started attacking it could be a personnel attack.  Or if someone were attacking BN employees that could also be a personnel attack.  I am just happy it isn't a personal attach, because then I'd be confused.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

See how nice and funny we all are? It's only when someone comes in thinking that they are writing directly to the CEO or thinks they will bring down this company with one post that we get snarley. (Is snarley a word?)
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

snarly
     adj : tangled in knots or snarls; "a mass of knotted string";
           "snarled thread" [syn: knotted, snarled]

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
phoneboy
0 Kudos

"Well depending on if the emphasis is on what or who is being attacked or who is doing the attacking and with what then either would actually work."

My head almost exploded while trying to read that ....:smileyvery-happy:

Yes, Snarley is a word but your using it out of context... :smileywink:

1.Snarley6 up, 9 down  

Awesome. It can be thought of as a mixture between Super, sick, nasty, cool and Narley. You know, Like the frase "Supper cool" and the Ninja Turtle saying "narley" to mean cool.
"That's one SNARLEY looking outfit you got on"
"Where did you learn to do that SNARLEY trick?
phoneboy
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

snarly
     adj : tangled in knots or snarls; "a mass of knotted string";
           "snarled thread" [syn: knotted, snarled]

Damn the English Slanguage and its multiple meaning words  :smileymad:

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Spell check--can't live with it--can't live without it--

I've found my other problem is my different computers. I make mistakes typing on my desktop, more mistakes on my netbook and even more mistakes on my Nookcolor. There is little hope for me, sigh.

I agree that this is a great board and we should welcome all new Nook owners, no matter which they have or where they bought them. We are in this together...for fun and a great learning experience with a little frustration here and there...

It's going to be an exciting month. Welcome to all new Nooksters, Nooker, Nookies? Have we ever figured that out?

(Checked by Spell Check--for what that's worth.)

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

My thought was snarl, like a dog. I was going to use snarky, but I don't like that word any more. I think it has been overused and I don't know if that is a real word either. I'm making steaks tonight and don't feel like walking into the den to look it up. Thanks, guys.
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

"A Nook owner is a Nook owner, no matter how small."

With apologies to Theodor Geisel.   :smileywink:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Frequent Contributor
Catfanatic1979v1
0 Kudos

This forum will grow alright. neogaf.com/forum has a very large Nook Color thread in its off-topic forum and that is one of the largest boards on the net. I've sent that forum a link to this one and I've done that all over the net trying to get more people involved with the Nookie.lol

I like having lots of freinds to chat with. :smileywink:

phoneboy
0 Kudos

Catfanatic1979v1 wrote:

This forum will grow alright. neogaf.com/forum has a very large Nook Color thread in its off-topic forum and that is one of the largest boards on the net. I've sent that forum a link to this one and I've done that all over the net trying to get more people involved with the Nookie.lol

I like having lots of freinds to chat with. :smileywink:

ARGH!!!    :smileysad:

:smileyvery-happy:

On spellchk --> Ever since that email with the 1st and last letter correct and the other letters jimbled I have given spelling less n less priority.

Spelling Nazis beware   :smileytongue:

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

let me start off by saying I really enjoy this forum. It has given me much needed help with my NC. Rants are no fun yet interesting. Trolls are another thing. I enjoy helping and being given help. Works both ways. Happy Reading!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Very well said phoneboy. But I still want to know where to get that troll spray?!?! :-)

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Wordsmith
NookGuy
0 Kudos

Grinchy1 wrote:
Very well said phoneboy. But I still want to know where to get that troll spray?!?! :-)

Contributor
gryjl
0 Kudos

OK It's 07:12 so I thought I would put in my 1.5 cents worth in. Would be .02 but just too early. I agree that no matter where you but your nook your still nook owner. And really unless someone tells how would you know they bought it. Yes there will be a ton of question on here but that no different then it is when B&N buyers join. Yes most of the question will be redundant and with a little searching the answer may be found  somewhere in the forum but still that happens now anyway. Guilty of that myself at times. So I agree with Phoneboy. There should be no Personal/personnel attacks. That is unless you just want to rub it in that you paid $50.+ less for yours:smileytongue: Again just my 1.5 cents worth, although it really could be only .0075. Not near enough coffee yet.:smileysad:

Contributor
gryjl
0 Kudos

OH yes as far as spell check goes. These computers aren't all that smart. Or at least mine isn't. It has know idea what Im doing or thinking. Dumb machine:smileytongue: Its supposed to smarter that me and know what I'm saying and fix it!!!! I shouldn't have to do that. In fact all I should have to do is sit back, drink my coffee and think what I want and it writes it. And then refill my cup!