Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

Re: Lets all follow the golden rule here

[ Edited ]

Phoneboy,

Good post and I concur.

One thing we can all agree on is if we are on this blog, we

share the love of reading. 

Where our NC/Nooks are bought is not relevant. Who cares?

2nd class Nookies? Class warfare over Nooks?

As far as questions, I am sure a healthy percentage of us had confusion and questions at the start.

I know I certainly did.

What's nice about this blog is the help given.

Y'all have a nice day....

PS  "'Yes, Snarley is a word but your using it out of context..."

Damn those contractions! It should be 'you're', not 'your'.

Maybe 'snarky' is a better word.

Sorry, my bad. No coffee yet LOL. :smileytongue:

Nook Color Wallpapers
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

I think it's a portmanteau between snarky and gnarly. :smileywink:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

riffrafff wrote:

I think it's a portmanteau between snarky and gnarly. :smileywink:

Damn it man, quit using words that require google to explain words that require google  :smileyindifferent:

:smileyvery-happy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Contributor
joeys_wife
0 Kudos

Never use a big word when a diminuitive one will do.

:smileytongue:

Good morning!

"You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels." Holly Golightly (Breakfast at Tiffany's)
Distinguished Correspondent
likemynook
0 Kudos

I think the big issue will be, trying to counteract all of HSN's misinformation without saying "should have done your research" or other mean things.  Maybe someone should add to the "Welcome" message: This is what HSN said " ".  This is how it really works.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

@ Nookguy.....LOL!!!!!!!!! That just cracks me up everytime I see that!!!!!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch