New User
Bhargav

Library Management

I rarely buy any books but read a lot of documents that are work releated (mostly word documents). It's very easy for me to manage them by using Calibre which helps me organize and convert them as necessary.

As you can imagine I have higher churn rate of documents being added and removed as they are work related.

My biggest challenge is to manage shelves. I can't manage shelves effectively either using Calibre or without. If I use Calibre, it wipes out my shelves when I add/remove a document to my Nook Color. If I don't use Calibre the management becomes a nightmare and shelve management is manual anyway.

It's more a suggestion than a question. Can B&N make Collections (aka Shelf) accessible from library management softwares such as Calibre? Or better yet, can B&N provide library management software?

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527

Re: Library Management

Hi Bhargav,

Thanks for the suggestion.

The need for better shelf management has been well documented in our forums, and while we still have a lot to improve on, rest assured we are still striving to implement features our users want.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your suggestion to our devs for review.

Thank you again for the suggestion, I hope to have positive news for you in the near future.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
New User
Bhargav
0 Kudos

Re: Library Management

Thanks Alex for your help.