Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

Re: Life after autonooter...what are your MUST HAVE Apps?

[ Edited ]

Maybe we need to send the question to the developer..

seems this  app would be A HUGE help to us.... if we better understood how to use it...

I just re-read the directions.. an am more confused then before... When I hit  ADD TO HOME.. Where is the book going to show up ???  I looked all over but can't see it anywhere other than the original location ..

****UPDATE

I sent an email to developer and he said the instruction are in the process of being updated but to shoot him an email for any questions.. listed at the bottom of the instruction page.. here it is in case you dont' want to look

email address:    hari.swaminathan@gmail.com

He answered one question when you hit  ADD TO HOME..

it only works if you are using the original B&N launcher.. not if using Zeam or something else

Inspired Contributor
JillMcD
0 Kudos

roustabout wrote:

I did not root mine with autonooter, but with monster root pack.  What I've discovered since then is that the MRP root lets you install the Nook app for Android.  again, monster root pack does break the onboard shop. 

I think the value of having the real nook Android app far outweighs the broken shop.  YMMV.

Well - even tho I used autonooter - I thougth I would try and download the Nook App.  I was able to download it - but it won't open.  Is that what happens to everyone that used autonooter?

NookColor - CM7 Custom ROM

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

Jill,

Yep.

- Mark

P.S.  Auto-nooter must leave out some special sauce that the monster rootpack has.

Frequent Contributor
snugelkin
0 Kudos

Are there other places to get apps besides the Market? Im not seeing alot of the apps that pepole are listing here.

~}i{~ I am just a Raggety Ann Doll in a Barbie Doll world! ~}i{~
Distinguished Correspondent
MadScntst
0 Kudos

you can always download the amazon market place. they have many of the same apps there. just go to amazon.com/apps and download the market to your NC then you have two apps stores. one considered more of a wild west (android) and the other more curated and refined (amazon). not my words but what the interwebz be calling the difference between the two.

Tinkering with things best left untinkered......wait a second where does this thing go?
Wordsmith
DrWho453
0 Kudos

Yea, my biggest problem with andorid marketplace app, is that it does not show all the available applications that are on the marketplace site. I know there are some apps that are one the marketplace website yet when I go to the market app on the NC, the apps is not listed and if I don't know the exact name, it won't find it.

Example, I was looking for launcher pro. I had forgotten about the pro part at the end since I was looking for the free version. I could not find it using the app program on the NC. I tried searching for launcher and then launcher pro. It list all sorts of stuff but not the app itself.

I went to the website and found it there and saw that it was all one word. When I searched for launcherpro on the NC app, it found it. So now I have launcher pro and zeam on the nc. I think the market app needs some more work done to it.

"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
Inspired Contributor
Serolf_Divad
0 Kudos

DrWho453 wrote:

Yea, my biggest problem with andorid marketplace app, is that it does not show all the available applications that are on the marketplace site. I know there are some apps that are one the marketplace website yet when I go to the market app on the NC, the apps is not listed and if I don't know the exact name, it won't find it.

Goofy thing about the App Market (and also, coincidentally, Yahoo's e-mail application). If you are holding your Nook Color in portrait mode, you cannot scroll down to see mroe apps (or emails) listed. But if you turn your Nook Color  sideways, then you can keep scrolling down and reveal more and more apps (or e-mails, if we're talking the Yahoo app).

Inspired Contributor
JillMcD
0 Kudos

I just figured that out by accident last night!  Couldn't figure out where all the apps were....it would say at the top 402 apps found....then it would list 20.  Then by accident last night I was in landscape mode when I searched - and voila - there they were!

NookColor - CM7 Custom ROM