Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
zenaxe
0 Kudos

Re: Workaround for Lousy pdf support in Nook color

bubbie021 wrote:

MY WORKAROUND:   <tons of stuff deleted>

Dude, you are working way too hard. Get calibre and convert your pdfs to epubs or to RTF and then just edit them in MS word (and save as PDF or RTF and convert to ePub).

Distinguished Wordsmith
PeterDe
0 Kudos

zenaxe wrote:

bubbie021 wrote:

MY WORKAROUND:   <tons of stuff deleted>

Dude, you are working way too hard. Get calibre and convert your pdfs to epubs or to RTF and then just edit them in MS word (and save as PDF or RTF and convert to ePub).

I tried that with my PDF's, and while a epub is easier to use, I wound up with a badly formatted mess, with page number and chapter titles randomly inserted in text. Also all my illustrations were reversed, like photo negatives. The work-around is way too much work for me. This problem has been around since day one.

On 11/21/10 ModeratorNook_Engineer  asked for a copy of the PDF causing the red X problem. Exactly nothing has been done about this issue since. http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/Nook-color-PDF-problem/td-p/72669...

I am not asking for a feature rich app, all I am asking for a basic, functional, program. A feature that BN proudly boosts that it can do.
BN answer is to buy a app. That's OK. But the app is so buggy and hard to use it makes it almost unusable, and to charge for it adds insult to injury. I getting ready to give up on my nook altogether.
Some people can't see the forest for the trees!

4 Nook Household, 2 NOOKs, 2 NOOKcolors
Contributor
mrsnicoleford
0 Kudos

has thiss issue been resolved?  

i am an academic, as well, and purchased the nook color last december for the exact reasons other have stated regarding misleading sales by B&N reps assuring me of pdf editing capabiliteis.  i spent HOURS trying to figure out what the  heck was worng with my nook when i realized:  they lied or at the very least "oversold" their product's capabilities.

i was later assured (a month after purchase) there would be something out "soon" to address this.

i haven't heard anything since.  as a result it sits on my desk totally unused and i am getting pretty angry i spent $300+ on this.  it's a very VERY expensive paper weight.

i haven't purchased a single e-book in MONTHS and WON'T until this is resolved.   

Contributor
mrsnicoleford
0 Kudos

pardon my typos; i really shouldn't be at my computer w/o my glasses.  =b