Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Mag Cover Not Showing

MY MS Living mag that just arrived a couple of days ago, has no cover when I view it in my library. I can tap on it to open it and see the cover....but when it's not opened the cover says "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE"

Any fixes??

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Re: Mag Cover Not Showing

Try archiving, then unarchiving it. Sometimes that works.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I archived from my PC.

Went to my nook and long pressed and selected "unarchive".....still no covers.

I also rebooted.

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

I had this same issue with a mag I just got.  Not sure what is going on with it.  So far nothing seems to have it come up.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Doreenpv, you pay your money for a magazine and you should have the cover intact.  I could see if this was just a temporary glitch but there is no excuse if this is a permanent situation.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Never/Casper....it is so annoying. This seems like a simple fix to me, so I have no idea why I have to jump through hoops to see what I paid for.

Inspired Contributor
MiloSW
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with the Feb. issue of MS Living. I tried archiving and unarchiving multiple times and it never worked. I finally just gave up and was waiting to see if the next issue would have the same problem. This time, the new issue downloaded with no problems.

It would be nice to know what's going on here, and what a possible fix would be.

While missing the cover is not the end of the world, I agree it is annoying. It also brings up the questions, is this going to be a recurring problem, and if so should I still pay for a subscription to a inconsistent product.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Milo....my second MS has no cover either. So now I have 2 wtith no covers and no identifing word of which is which.

Inspired Contributor
MiloSW
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Doreepv, so far I only have one magazine with no cover, so it's not that much of a problem for me. I think if there were multiple it would drive me crazy.

This is probably not what you want to here, I would suggest calling tech support. There's an obvious problem with the download. I'm no tech expert, but maybe there's a corrupt file that lingers when you archive/unarchive. It might be that you will have to completely delete those issues and redownload them. It would be best to talk to someone in tech support before you try this. This way you can make sure you will still be able to get those issues back and not be charged again.

I would love to know if you get this resolved.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Well CS has credited me for my 2 mags without covers.

We played around with archiving and moving back to my library, with no luck.

Bye Bye MS

Inspired Contributor
MiloSW
0 Kudos

It's a shame that they couldn't get it fixed for you. At least they gave you credit, and hopefully they are working on a fix for it in the future.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I know....very frustrating. And it takes 24 hours to have them removed from my device lol

Frequent Contributor
shelli74
0 Kudos

My 1st martha mag was also coverless. I archived and brought it back without good results as well. This last issue came through with a cover. Martha martha martha...
Reader 4
beansprout
0 Kudos

Nice to know I'm not alone here. My first issue of Martha has a cover but my last two issues don't. I tried archiving and unarchiving as well.
Frequent Contributor
shelli74
0 Kudos

Martha you did it to me again, this month and no cover.