Frequent Contributor
sueott
0 Kudos

Magazines on NC

There don't seem to be as many magazine selections on the NC as there are on the website, even though all are labeled Nook Magazine. Am I overlooking something, or are there indeed fewer magazine choices on the tablet?

Frequent Contributor
sueott
0 Kudos

Re: Magazines on NC

I just looked at the web list again and when I  clicked on the magazine it showed which ones were for NC. That answers my question, but...why not all of them, and can we request more selections?

Frequent Contributor
sueott
0 Kudos

Re: Magazines on NC tiny

How can you read a magazine on such a tiny screen? I don't know what I was expecting. I downloaded one issue of a magazine. It loaded a full page at a time, but the letters were miniscule. If I clicked on a particular article (hard to see), it would then bring up the article in a column--readable but inconvenient.

Contributor
ScifiDad
0 Kudos

I for one love the way magazines look on the nookcolor. I just wish I could change my paper subscription of Popular Mechanics into a nookbook subscription.
Inspired Contributor
JuBear10
0 Kudos

Sueott, if you touch your screen with your thumb and forefinger and spread your fingers apart, it will zoom in on the magazine so you can read it easier. In the same way, you can pinch your fingers together to make it small again.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

For the text of the articl, tap on Article View (it appears on the upper right of the screen) and you'll have the full text in perfectly large readable type.  For photos, use your fingers to spread the photo to enlarge it.  I love National Geographic on the NC.  I'm tempted to get more magazines, but I just don't have time to read them. If the mags I get at home were available on NC (especially Real Simple and a few dedicated to celiac disease/gluten free cooking) I'd switch, because then I couldn't have them accumulating on our bookshelves.)

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

I love the magazines on the Nook Color. The color photos are amazing so I can only guess how great National Geographic looks.

You can also rotate your nook and read the magazine pages in landscape.