Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Charkie
0 Kudos

Mantano Reader and problems opening BN ebooks

I have Mantano Reader and it prompts for a username and password whenever I try to open a purchased and downloaded ebook from B & N.  I have used my name as shown on shipping address, and the associated credit card number, but it will not accept it.  Any ideas are welcomed.

New User
pinkorangered857

Re: Mantano Reader and problems opening BN ebooks

The user name is the name on the billing address, that sometimes is different from the name on the shipping address. Also, what is taken into account is the credit card that was the default credit card when you downloaded the books, not necessarily the same as the credit card used for this purchase in particular.

I hope that this helps you.

Distinguished Correspondent
HumbleCorrespondent

It's the name and CC# as they appear on your B&N account that is associated with your NC.

That's just my opinion, you can take it for what it's worth, or just leave it alone.
Contributor
Charkie
0 Kudos

Thank you. THIS worked for me.
Contributor
Charkie
0 Kudos

Thank you.
Distinguished Correspondent
HumbleCorrespondent
0 Kudos

You're welcome. :smileyhappy:

That's just my opinion, you can take it for what it's worth, or just leave it alone.