Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
tenagail
0 Kudos

Maybe I'm just cranky but...

On nook's facebook page they are asking me to vote in support of the nook for iPad app. I think they have a lot of nerve asking for my vote to support an app that makes the iPad better while we haven't been given our promised update so that we, their loyal customer, can enjoy some apps of our own. I know it's childish to feel this way and I'm not trying to start anything, this is JMHO?
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

Re: Maybe I'm just cranky but...

Well make room in the playpen for me.

tenagail
0 Kudos

@Doreen, come on in, there's plenty of pouting and foot stamping to go around.:smileywink:

peppyauntie121

I agree... and in fact, if the Nook for ipad app is so wonderful, maybe we should have spent our money on purchasing the ipad instead of the Nook.  Just saying.....

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

tenagail wrote:

@Doreen, come on in, there's plenty of pouting and foot stamping to go around.:smileywink:

Trust me...I'm over here pouting big time. I so want that update.

Frequent Contributor
MrsFair
0 Kudos

Distinguished Scribe
normysmom

Here...have a piece of virtual chocolate!  It always turns my frown upside down ;0)

Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Frequent Contributor
SyJustice
0 Kudos

Really?  You are actually upset over a facebook update asking for a vote in the Webby's?  Yes, it's very childish.

Really?  That upsets people?  What planet are ya'll from?  The Nook has had apps for the iPad/iTouch and Android markets for a long time.  What the bloody hell is wrong about them wanting to get recognition in those areas as well?

I have a NookColor...I adore my NC...I even purposely choose my nook over buying an iPad...but guess what...I also have the Driod app for my phone.  Comes in handy sometimes.

Just like the silly fight between paper-paged books and ebooks....it's not an either or thing!!!  Get over yourselves people! 

Do you really think that by someone making a strong product (the apple/driod apps for example) that is really is an insult to your product choice?     Boggles the mind.

tenagail

Sounds like someone needs a piece of virtual chocolate.
Frequent Contributor
SyJustice
0 Kudos

LOL...I will take chocolate, virtual and otherwise.

However, this idea that by being up for a Webby (and wanting to win!) in this app category (which by the way....has it's own board here at B&N forums no less!)...and which is an award  that has been in place since the mid 1990s....somehow means that B&N has insulted the nook, it's owners, or played it's purchasers is just....well....to be blunt....stupid....and chocolate, virtual and otherwise isn't gonna sway my opinion of that.

And for the record, I saw the request....but since I don't own an iPad (I bought the nookcolor over it as I said earlier) I didn't vote...but I do hope they win.

tenagail
0 Kudos

Name calling? ? That's just not nice. I think you owe me an apology.
Frequent Contributor
SyJustice
0 Kudos

Not agreeing with you and thinking your behavior (being upset at the webby vote request) is stupid (Note, I didn't call you stupid, just your view on this one issue and your that also not hat you haven't come back with any actual rebuttal to that) is not name calling.

It's just disagreeing with you and being amazed at your cheek.  Big difference.

Now, do you want to shore up your reasons why it's so upsetting that B&N is looking for a Webby is this App catagory or not?

tenagail
0 Kudos

I'll not debate you nor do I need to defend my opinion to you or anyone else. Goodnight, have a nice life.:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Here is aprime example of how hurt feeling can be avoided by the one getting jumped. tenagail stated in the OP that she new it was childish to feel that way. I guess sy missed that. So sy goes on to express in more detail thechildishness of the OP. sy adds the word stupid. tenagail asks for an appology. sy states the stupid comment is directed at the idea not th poster(I get that) so who's in the wrong here. sy for stating the opinion or tenagail for forgetting she herself stated it was a childish idea, Or me for jumping in with my 2 cents. :smileysurprised:
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown