Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
nedrey

More Magazines for nookColor?

Hi Sam,

Is there any update to when more magazines will become available for the nookColor (esp those that are continually being requested)?  As it stands today, there are 150 magazines, with maybe one or two added every other week, but since nookColor has been out for over a year, I would of thought more would be available.

Some of the most constantly requested magazines are Wired, People, EW.

Also, is it possible for someone to check in/ update the Nook Newsstand forum to let everyone know what is going on (there does not seem to be any admin updates since Jan) and if a magazine (like Wired) will not be available (From an email from them on 4/11- We do not support that version. Please contact the company that you purchased the e-reader from for further information regarding Wired Digital issues) 

Thanks,

nedrey

Correspondent
seanmw
0 Kudos

Re: More Magazines for nookColor?

As for me, i'm curious about

Time Magazine

MAD magazine

more gaming magazines

& numerous other titles

... in fact, i kinda wonder if & when barnes & noble will ever make versions of ALL it's newsstand magazines for the NookColor. Compared to ebooks, there really aren't that many emagazine titles. It doesn't seem like it would be incredibly difficult to accomplish.

millions upon millions of ebooks,but only 150 emagazines?...

Let fly the Jolly Roger if none can be found to sell me red rum >=D!

Note to self: "red rum" backwards spells murder =S...
Is there a message in that? Idk *shrug*
Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

Thanks for the title suggestions, I've added them to our list for our newsstand teams.  We are constantly adding new titles to our growing library, so stay tuned!

Contributor
MC725NJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

please make available Real Simple & Cesar's Way! :smileywink:

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I second Real Simple!  They are beautiful magazines that I can't bear to throw away, but they are piling up! 

Contributor
magiscratch
0 Kudos

I would love crafting magazines. I'm a crocheter, so Crochet World, Crochet!, Crochet Today, Interweave Crochet, and Inside Crochet would all be awesome.

All of these magazines are sold in h/c at B&N brick and mortar stores. Crochet World and Crochet! are already available as PDFs from the company website, but I would love the convenience of having subscriptions on my Nook Color.

Contributor
Michelle8012
0 Kudos

I would love to see magazines like dog fancy, cat fancy etc.  Some crocheting mags would be great too.   My husband is into cars so maybe mopar mussle, and some of the 4 wheel drive magazines. 

Contributor
magiscratch

Crochet Today and Knitting Today are available as Nook Magazines!!!! :smileyvery-happy: I've just subscribed. Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
dkennedy66
0 Kudos

I third Real Simple and would like to see Weight Watchers and Cooking Light. Also the Cooking Light annual cookbooks so I can recycle four years worth of mags I can't bear to part with!
Frequent Contributor
fenderbender
0 Kudos

Vintage Guitar please!

Contributor
NickieB27
0 Kudos

I would like to see XXL, Ebony, Essesnce, Vogue, The Source & Vibe.

Thank you. :smileyhappy:

New User
amouraiguise
0 Kudos

some equestrian magazines would be great too! Practical horseman, Eventing, Dressage, Arabian horse world.. something to convince me that buying a nook is worth it :smileywink:

Contributor
Emeris
0 Kudos

I would love to read the Advocate and Out Magazine on my nookcolor as well
~Emeris
New User
HarryE
0 Kudos

I just bought my nookColor the other day and have to say I'm a little disappointed...I thought this would be a great way to "GoGreen" while traveling (I own a company and travel quite often), but 99% of the magazines I read are not available :smileysad: If possible I'd love to be able to get Shooting Sportsman, Archaeology, Gun World and other similar magazines as there are currently NONE in either of these areas. Thanks and I hope to see them soon!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

How about fixing the disconnect between the Nook and the Nook Color on some titles? 

The most glaring example I can think of is the New Yorker, available on the Nook but not on the Nook Color. 

Is that a question best directed at the publisher or BN?  And is the question of subscription generally one directed best to BN or to a magazine publisher? 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Reader 4
ZairaDuvessa
0 Kudos

I would love to see Aviation magazines such as Flying and a few History magazines as well.  Maybe some kind of comics or graphic novels too

New User
Artrider
0 Kudos

I've been hoping to see a few horse magazines come to the nook color.  I work in the horse industry and magazines tend to get dirty/lost.  Would love to have them in digital format so I can reference them for my students.

Specifically, Equus & Practical Horseman to name a few....

Frequent Contributor
bookworm1215

I second the request for Weight Watchers!!!!