Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
SuperMegaMom
0 Kudos

Moving Apps to SD card or N2A card

I am out of room for new apps on my Nook Color.  I bought a 16GB micro SD card so I could store some of my apps on it but apparently that doesn't work because when I hook up my Nook to my PC via USB, I can't see the apps in the nook folder ANYWHERE.  Some of the apps I have are kids books and they seem to us a LOT of memory.  Is there any way to keep all my apps active?  I know how to archive, I want to use all the apps I have.

Side question, if I had a N2A card, would this solve my problem and if so, could anyone explain in detail how it would work?  If I already have the apps on my Nook, they wouldn't be visible if I booted to the SD card, right?

I'm a little lost....THANKS

New User
SuperMegaMom
0 Kudos

Re: Moving Apps to SD card or N2A card

Never mind, I see I was asking this in the wrong forum and basically need to take my Nook to the store to be re-partitioned

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

Another approach is to move your data files (documents, pictures, videos, movies, etc.) to the SD card.  This will free quite a bit of space on the internal storage so you will have more room for additional Apps.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

j-andersonjma wrote:

Another approach is to move your data files (documents, pictures, videos, movies, etc.) to the SD card.  This will free quite a bit of space on the internal storage so you will have more room for additional Apps.

Your docs, pics and such are not stored in the same space as the apps. From what I understand. Partitioning and using the archive feature will give more space.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

New User
Avenue
0 Kudos

j-andersonjma wrote:

I do this as well, and the added bonus is that I find it easier to organize my files this way. It's minor, but hey, why not?

New User
SuperMegaMom
0 Kudos

Thanks, I did move my pictures to the SD card but it didn't creat enough space to have all my apps installed.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

SuperMegaMom wrote:

Thanks, I did move my pictures to the SD card but it didn't creat enough space to have all my apps installed.

Once again, your pictures and your apps do not use the same space, moving them to the sd card was not the solution. See my earlier suggestion to your problem.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

New User
SuperMegaMom

Thanks for the follow up.  After I posted this message, I saw on another section of the board that partitioning was the answer and I came back here and basically posted a "never mind / wrong board" message but I see that it didn't stick on her for some reason.  So I will be going to B&N after Christmas to get a partition.  I appreciate the help!