Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
monsoonnana
0 Kudos

N2A card

I purchased the N2A card recently and have no idea how to use it or make it beneficial for android apps.  Just tried to download the update and now I get strange symbols, can't open some books I have and need major help.

Monsoonnana
Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

Re: N2A card

my advice would be:

1 remove the n2A card

2 power down completely

3 restart and

Jeremy

Contributor
ecmasonjr
0 Kudos

The strange symbols indicate that you didn't download the file, you just opened it in a new window. Right click on it and choose "save as". More help here: http://www.n2acards.com/forums/
Contributor
monsoonnana
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will try all suggestions.

Monsoonnana
Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

The N2A people are absolutely wonderful in terms of support.  Contac them through their web site, and they will be delighted to step you through whatever needs to be done to get it working right.

Contributor
monsoonnana
0 Kudos

I can't get past step 6. When I turn Nook back again it is not in Android.

Monsoonnana
Contributor
ecmasonjr
0 Kudos

That probably means that one of the boot files wasn't named properly.  Some browsers want to download one or more of the files and append a txt extension to it, particularly the u-boot.bin file.  Save the two zip files, the update-cm7.1.0 file and the gapps file (do not unzip them!)

Then go to the bottom of the web page with the file links on it and download the zip file near the bottom of the page.  When you unzip that you'll have the other four files you need and they should be properly named.  User those four files and the other two zip files to do the upgrade.

Go back to step 2, connect to your computer, copy all six files to the boot drive and follow along from there.  If you work carefully it should be successful.

If you still have problems, go to the N2A website and check the forum.  A lot of people have been walked through it there.

Contributor
monsoonnana
0 Kudos

Ok. I have done the reboot, moved files, got the penguin with loading and it shuts down. I start up the nook and it goes thru the penguin process over and over. I have no control and it doesn't stay on.

Monsoonnana
Distinguished Correspondent
SIGal67
0 Kudos

You shouldn't be moving any files if you have an N2A card. You didn't try and copy all the files from your card onto your Nook's internal memory, did you? All you should be doing is putting the card in and turning on your Nook. Follow the instructions that came with the card to see how to boot into the Nook stock side.

Contributor
monsoonnana
0 Kudos

I didn't do anything to the Nook memory. Just followed the printed directions.

Monsoonnana
Contributor
ecmasonjr
0 Kudos

Make sure the update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-encore-signed-N2Acards.zip file downloaded completely.  It' over 90mb in size, and depending on your connection speed can take a while to download.  Download that one again, and make sure it downloads completely.  I've seen the symptoms you describe when there is a problem with that file.

Contributor
ecmasonjr
0 Kudos

Go back to the N2A website and send them a message using the contact tab, they'll either be able to help you fix it or replace the card.