Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Wordsmith
JinSC
Posts: 679
Registered: ‎05-11-2011
0 Kudos

NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

NC/1.2/cm7uSD-rooted

 

Got my NC in December and put it in a Lautner Walnut cover. 

 

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Lautner-Book-Cover-Walnut/e/9781616865153/?cds2Pid=35616

 

Love the feel and look, but in less than six months it has not held up as I had hoped.  Granted it has protected my NC very well, but the wear on the corners is disappointing (leather worn off, substrate showing).  For $35, I expected more.

 

So, I'm wondering...has anyone found a tough, durable, well made cover that they can recommend?  in keeping with a recent thread, the cover must also reflect that this NC is owned by a real man!  :smileywink:

 

Please include links to your recommendations. 

 

Thanks!!

 

Jeremy

 

 

DeanGibson
Posts: 2,170
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,240
Registered: ‎04-12-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

[ Edited ]

Check out the M-edge covers:  ballistic nylon w/ zipper, around $39.

 

Latitude cover

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Distinguished Wordsmith
rbentley101
Posts: 222
Registered: ‎04-04-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

You wont be able to wear out an Otterbox Case and can't get more manly.  The Marines would use these.

 

 

http://www.otterbox.com/Nook-Color-Commuter-Series-Case/BNN4-NOOKC,default,pd.html?dwvar_BNN4-NOOKC_...

 

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
Posts: 1,199
Registered: ‎06-16-2010
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

Industriell Cover in Storm by Barnes & Noble: Product Image

Had one for my Nook Classic and stuck with it for my Nook Color.
Even bothered to give a review for it.
But simple and tough! and there is an easel version if wanting integrated stand up easel type.
.
"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Wordsmith
JinSC
Posts: 679
Registered: ‎05-11-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

thanks for the suggestions so far....several promising candidates....

 

Jeremy

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
Posts: 722
Registered: ‎04-29-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Lautner-Book-Cover-Walnut/e/9781616865153/?cds2Pid=35616
This is the one I got along side the NC for xmas. Still in new condition with one very small exception: The spine is ever so slightly wrinkled (but not in any way cracked) as I always have the cover folded back. Better holding that way. Not at all scratched or dinged up, and its super easy to keep clean.

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
Posts: 404
Registered: ‎12-08-2010
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

I got an M-Edge cover about 6 weeks ago for $10 at a Tuesday Mornings (an excess stock discount store) and it has replaced my $45 leather tri-fold cover that I bought when I bought my NC in early December.  (I gave the leather one to my wife when she got her NC a few weeks ago.)

 

It is really nice.  The zipper pocket on the front is handy.   And the front cover folds completely back onto the rear when the zippers are opened all the way which makes it easy to hold.

 

Contributor
LuberLou
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎03-31-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

I got lthis one, bit over priced but it has served me well for several months.  Got it in  the billious tangerine.  The color makes it easy to find when I lay it ddown.  The sort of rough cloth makes it easy to stick under your arm an not have it slip.  Would I like a few more features in the cover?  Yes, but would I like the additinol bulk they would bring? No.  I'm happy with it & it goes everywhere with me.

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Color-Field-Cover-in-Tangerine/e/9781616865092/?cds2Pid=35616

Distinguished Scribe
Omnigeek
Posts: 885
Registered: ‎01-25-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

I got a personalized cover for the Nook Color from Zagg -- used my own vacation photos to decorate the front and back with a tough skin that protects the Nook while displaying my own personality.  I also got Zagg's screen protector -- more to cut down on fingerprints than protect the glass but it does that too.

 

The downside on the Zagg approach is that the edges and corners are still subject to abrasion and the NC itself still flexes (which causes me problems with spontaneous power offs, reboots and resets).  I'd love a thin clear plexiglass cover which would go over my ZaggSkin and provide some rigid protection for the NC itself.

Currently reading: Destiny of the Republic, The Heritage of Shannara, Lonely Planet: Melbourne & Victoria
Frequent Contributor
suvlady
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎04-25-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted


rbentley101 wrote:

You wont be able to wear out an Otterbox Case and can't get more manly.  The Marines would use these.

 

 

http://www.otterbox.com/Nook-Color-Commuter-Series-Case/BNN4-NOOKC,default,pd.html?dwvar_BNN4-NOOKC_...

 


I have the same everything running on mine and use it as a tablet more than anything.  I would recommend the Otterbox as well.  Sleek, clean and sturdy design.  I've had mine since March and it works great!!

 

Oh, and they are not just for men! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
rbentley101
Posts: 222
Registered: ‎04-04-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted


suvlady wrote:

rbentley101 wrote:

You wont be able to wear out an Otterbox Case and can't get more manly.  The Marines would use these.

 

 

http://www.otterbox.com/Nook-Color-Commuter-Series-Case/BNN4-NOOKC,default,pd.html?dwvar_BNN4-NOOKC_...

 


I have the same everything running on mine and use it as a tablet more than anything.  I would recommend the Otterbox as well.  Sleek, clean and sturdy design.  I've had mine since March and it works great!!

 

Oh, and they are not just for men! :smileyhappy:


Like Secret deoderant, the Otterbox is "strong enough for a man but made for a woman also."

Frequent Contributor
suvlady
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎04-25-2011
0 Kudos

Re: NC:Accessories: Tough Cover needed/wanted

 


rbentley101 wrote:

suvlady wrote:

rbentley101 wrote:

You wont be able to wear out an Otterbox Case and can't get more manly.  The Marines would use these.

 

 

http://www.otterbox.com/Nook-Color-Commuter-Series-Case/BNN4-NOOKC,default,pd.html?dwvar_BNN4-NOOKC_...

 


I have the same everything running on mine and use it as a tablet more than anything.  I would recommend the Otterbox as well.  Sleek, clean and sturdy design.  I've had mine since March and it works great!!

 

Oh, and they are not just for men! :smileyhappy:


Like Secret deoderant, the Otterbox is "strong enough for a man but made for a woman also."


LOL - yep! :smileyhappy: