Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
AndyMJ
0 Kudos

NC Shelves and gallery

Hi All out there,

I use the NC for reading and occasional movies, so I have no reason or inclination to root.  Saying that though, I have to say that the stock book shelf and the stock image gallery are awful.  Is there anything out there in the rooted world that is any better than these 2 abominations?  Is the andriod NC app better than the stock for the shelves?

Cheers!

Contributor
FaerieLin

Re: NC Shelves and gallery

The bookshelf is great if you only have a few books.  I have a couple thousands accumulated over the last 15 years in various formats.  I gave up organizing them in the bookshelf and just organize my own files the way I want them.  That said - the limitation is that the bookshelf is the only way to organize both your B&N files and your personal files.  It would be nice if the bookshelf app had ways to sort or search other than title.

Reader 4
AndyMJ
0 Kudos

Completely agree....that's why I hope that there is some shelf app out there that I don't know about  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
cfbush2000
0 Kudos

If i had a decient image viewer my stock NC would be perfect for my needs.  I need tag support or folder support so I can show a client my wildlife photographs without having my family and personal photos mixed in.