Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
fernMA
0 Kudos

Re: NC Too Versatile?

how do i put the kindle app on my NC-------please explain

Contributor
BCBronco19
0 Kudos

Go to the android market place; search for Kindle and download.
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

BCBronco19 wrote:
Go to the android market place; search for Kindle and download.

Of course if they have a rooted Nook Color that is!

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
New User
popii
0 Kudos

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:

I cant find it right now but I remember a post about replacing the batt. someone put up a pic of the inside of a NC. there was an arrow pointing to where the blue tooth HW would be. alas its not in there... :smileysad:

Well, the hardware IS there, which has been known for some time.  And BT has already been enabled.  The only question (beyond how long it would take them to hack the software) was if there was an antenna attached.  That may partly explain the current limited range.

- Mark

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

PhoneBoy,

I forgot to mention that the BT transceiver is located inside the same chip that handles WiFi.  So its not a matter of it it's there, but simply if it's enabled.  B&N did not do so, but that could potentially have had something to do with getting it through FCC certifications, or just that they foresaw no use for it.

- Mark

Oh, and there's also an FM radio in there, BTW.